cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct this: I was charged a second insertion fee for editing a scheduled listing

This is a small matter, only 30-cents, but it should be corrected unless I am missing something.

I  made a new listing for eBay.  I scheduled it for  the next day.  I was charged a 30-cents insertion fee (becuae over the 50 day limit).  OK.  Fine.

But before it was scheduled to "go live," I decided to edit it, and so I clicked  "Edit" to revise it.  To my surprise, I was charged another 30-cents insertion fee for my simple revision (I merely changed some wording in the listing).

I guess you would call this a software-system failure that should be corrected.  Yes?

Robert

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Correct this: I was charged a second insertion fee for editing a scheduled listing

Good news: This is not a software problem; you are missing something.

The listing fees for a Scheduled listing aren't charged until the listing goes live.  But when you are setting up (or revising) a listing, you are shown what the fees would be if you launched the listing immediately, since eBay has no way of knowing what the situation will be at the moment when the listing eventually launches.

So if you set up the listing after you have used up your 50 free insertions for May, you will be shown a 30-cent insertion fee.  But if the listing actually begins in June when you have free insertions available, then you will not be charged any insertion fee for that listing. If the listing begins during May (i.e., later today) then you'll be charged a single 30-cent insertion fee for it.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Correct this: I was charged a second insertion fee for editing a scheduled listing

Good news: This is not a software problem; you are missing something.

The listing fees for a Scheduled listing aren't charged until the listing goes live.  But when you are setting up (or revising) a listing, you are shown what the fees would be if you launched the listing immediately, since eBay has no way of knowing what the situation will be at the moment when the listing eventually launches.

So if you set up the listing after you have used up your 50 free insertions for May, you will be shown a 30-cent insertion fee.  But if the listing actually begins in June when you have free insertions available, then you will not be charged any insertion fee for that listing. If the listing begins during May (i.e., later today) then you'll be charged a single 30-cent insertion fee for it.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks, looks like you are correct.  False alarm on my part.  I just looked at the charges to my Seller Account.   I see I was not charged for the insertion fee yet because it (the scheduled listing) has not gone "live" yet.  Every time I go to make changes it shows a 30-cent insetion fee, but that is just what I will be charged once it goes "live," I guess -- just the one fee.  

(It would be nice if they  indicated something like "no additional fees: total fees to be charged once listing goes "live" -- $0.30.   I bet a lot of people are fooled the way I was because normally when you revise a live listing, zero $0.00 fees are shown when you submitt the revision.  In my case (with revising the scheduled listing), it showed $0.30 fees, which I thought were NEW fees!))

Robert

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I've reported this to CS as well.  Revisions using the app show another insertion fee when I make a simple change as I always have (raise or lower price for example).  CS said to reinstall the app.  I did, no help.  eBay had an app update, I figured it would fix the problem. Nope!  So now I go to the .com rather than use the app (which is really annoying on this little phone) and change prices there.  I'm really not liking this since the shipping options are hard to select on the site and are much easier on the app, but I refuse to pay more insertion fees!  Those little fees add up!  

Years ago revisions and relists were SO much easier, I really wish a good technical person would fix things!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply