cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add saved sellers

I keep getting an error message that I have 100 saved sellers and can't add any more.  Even after deleting over half of them, I still keep getting this message.  Any suggestions on how to fix this without calling eBay?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Can't add saved sellers

Did you figure out how to fix this problem?  I have the same problem and have already deleted all of my saved sellers.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I also have this problem. I way less than 100 sellers saved.

How do I fix this? I try to save a seller and get this message.

"You're already saving 100 sellers, the max allowed. You need to unsave a seller before adding another. Go to your profile."

When I hit the profile link it takes me to some weird "person" page.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/person

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Well this was no help.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Yea its a bug or something

To see your 'True' list of saved sellers, go to your homepage and look across the top. Under the search bar you should see a list of words which are buttons, like  like 'Home' 'Saved' 'Fashion' etc

Saved should have a little heart by it.

Clicked on 'Saved' and you should get another page with 2 options...

Searches     Sellers  (100 being the appropiate nos of whatever the amount of searches or sellers you have 'saved)

Click on 100 Sellers and thats the true list apparently. This method shows 40 odd more saved sellers than if I go to My Ebay, Summary and below Purchase History etc theres 'Saved Sellers' and 'Saved Searches' both of which show a (0) which is bizaare. Anyway, the home page method allows you to click on those saved sellers invidually and 'unsave' them. Mine is showing 6 saved sellers that are no long registered....representened by nos instead of their original sellers names. I cant 'unsave' them. Ebay technical Dept are looking into it. This info is according to my Ebay.co.uk site. it maybe a little different for Ebay.com

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Also the 'Saved' button might be 'Following' or something else appropriately named
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

That's a problem

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

I expect that work around was fine, but they've now broken that method too - at least, it doesn't work for me.

"Saved" (with a heart), on that horizontal menu bar on the ebay home page, now links to /feed, which shows two tabs for Searches and Sellers, then an ever growing list of pictures and prices for things ebay thinks I should want.  Neither tab does anything when I click it - I can't get to a list of saved sellers to remove any, from there.

I had, of course, deleted lots the old way, from the "Your saved sellers" page.  Ebay still counts 99, and gives me the message "You're already saving 100 sellers", when I try to add naother - so their programmers can't even distinguish 99 from 100, but of course the real number is a lot less.

Since I already deleted those sellers, most of which no longer trade on ebay, by the look of things, I don't know which they were, so I can't go to each one to unsave them.

As ever, ebay fixed something that wasn't broken, leaving it very, very broken.

This is what happens when you hire programmers for as little as you can get away with, then put someone with no understanding of programming in charge of the whole project.... then completely ignore all help requests and bug reports, like this one - now several months old.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@andy_hewitt

In addition to the "saved sellers" page here:

https://www.ebay.com/myb/SavedSellers

there is an older version here:

https://www.ebay.com/myb/SavedSellers?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayFavoriteSellers

which might possibly give you some extra options.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Thanks, but that's the page I started from.  Deleting sellers from that list does not reduce ebay's count of how many sellers I've saved - that's the problem this thread discusses.

It used to work, but they "improved" how saving sellers works with their "feed", which is totally useless, and apparently isn't joined up to what that older page does.

So, I no longer have any way of telling which sellers I deleted, from that older page, but ebay still counts them towards my total of saved sellers.  Therefore, I can't save any more sellers, so I can't find sellers again when I'm looking to buy from them again, unless they still show up in my Purchase History, which in most cases, they don't.

In other words, eBays' new pushy and useless "feed" has broken something which actually did help me and others spend more money on ebay.

And, as usual, they don't listen.  Posting even in this "technical matters" forum has no effect, other than to inform fellow sufferers, and maybe swap work arounds, which work for just a short while, then don't work any more.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@andy_hewitt

Understood. Sorry.

I have not really used the "Saved Sellers" feature -- I only have three, so I haven't run into the issue of sellers who are no longer registered (perhaps some sellers have unregistered, but I haven't come close to the maximum number). Currently I am able to add or remove sellers from my profile page, under "Members", or from the "Saved Sellers" page. Although when I go to individual sellers' profiles, it is hit or miss whether eBay recognizes that I have already saved them.

Clearly something is broken.

One workaround is to bookmark individual sellers' "Items for Sale" pages -- that way you have control over the information, and you are not at the mercy of whether eBay maintains a particular feature.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Yes, something definitely is broken.

The only way to get a saved seller removed from the total for the account, that now works, is to go to their seller page, with their feedback etc, and click the heart symbol, to unsave them.

I confirmed that by unsaving one that I didn't want to un-save (so less sales for ebay), then going back to the completely broken and useless "feed" page - from the heart symbol / Saved menu item on the ebay home page.  The tab for Sellers now shows one less, in the number next to it.  Clicking it still does nothing.

So, each time you delete a seller from your Saved Sellers list, reachable from the link you gave, or the menu at the top right of most pages, you now only remove it from that list - but that seller is still saved, and counts towards the hundred allowed - which is actually only 99, because ebay's programmers really are that incompetent.

Why ebay still feels the need to impose arbitrary limits on the number of saved searches and sellers at all, I completely fail to grasp. 

All that achieves is less sales, and less money for ebay, because we have less ways to find the things we wanted to buy.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I still cant save any new sellers, and I have deleted a lot of them. This is so frustrating!!!!!!

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

I am having the same issue and have deleted mostly all of mine as well.

Help needed and would be greatly appreciated!

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@2082pamela 

[oops, old message; I meant to reply to a similar, newer message in another thread]

I have found Saved Sellers and Saved Searches to each be a buggy mess; neither can be relied on. The discussion boards are full of complaints about users not receiving Saved Search emails, or else receiving emails from zombie searches that cannot be found or deleted. Likewise, users complain of being unable to add or delete Saved Sellers, despite being well under the limit of one hundred.

Going forward, your best bet may be to find another way to keep track of searches and sellers that you have more direct control over -- by using bookmarks of searches or sellers' "items for sale", links pasted into a file or an email, or third party automated search tools. Google "automated searches ebay" for some possible suggestions.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply