cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy It Now Glitch Taking Buyers Straight to Checkout--- Step by Step Workaround w/ Pictures

As many buyers & Sellers have become aware, Ebay has some kind of technical glitch that is making buyers sign in for every Buy It Now Purchase and it is taking buyers straight to the checkout page prompting them to pay for each item separateley. This especially effects Buyers who are trying to buy multiple items from sellers who combine shipping.

Though this is not the most ideal way to make purchases for buyers, here is the way they can workaround this until ebay fixes the issue. I hope it is helpful.

Step 1- Click on the item you want to purchase. This takes the buyer to the page where they are given the option to Buy it Now or Add to Cart. This is seen in the picture where the red box is.1.PNG

Step 2--  This will take the buyer to the checkout page and prompt the buyer to pay. Instead of paying, click the " To add more items go to cart link at top right corner. Highlighted by the red box in the photo below.

2.PNG

This then adds the item to the cart and takes you to your cart where you will see the next screen.3.PNG

Here you are given the option of Continue Shopping or Proceed to Checkout. Click Continue Shopping and this takes you to the sellers other items. Then repeat step #1 for as many items as you want to purchase until you are done shopping. 

At this point when the buyer goes to their cart, the buyer has the option of Requesting Total from Seller at the top of the page as illustrated in Red Box #1 below or Proceed to Checkout as illustrated in Red box #2 below.

5.PNG

If the sellers items are automatically calculated for combined shipping, the buyer can Proceed to Checkout and pay for items.  This is Red Box #2 option.
If combined shipping is not calculated, Click Request Total from Seller as illustrated in box #1. When you click Request Total From Seller, it acts in the same way as you committing to buy the item and takes the item off ebay so another buyer can not buy it out from under you.

This is the only workaround I am aware of at the moment. I have had a couple of customers ask me how to combine orders. If you have too, you can direct them here and hopefully that helps them and keeps the sellers from losing sales. I hope this is hopeful and hopefully ebay gets this fixed quickly.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Buy It Now Glitch Taking Buyers Straight to Checkout--- Step by Step Workaround w/ Pictures

Just to add, a buyer can request total from seller after every purchase as long as you have bought at least two items, if you are concerned about another buyer buying something while you are shopping. 
Clicking the Request Total From Seller tab, at that moment acts in the same way as committing to buy and no other buyer can then buy the item and the item is taken off the Ebay active list for items for sale.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Buy It Now Glitch Taking Buyers Straight to Checkout--- Step by Step Workaround w/ Pictures

Thanks so much for posting this! I am going to give it a try...I have a ton of items waiting in my cart!

This has been happening to me since last Friday. Very frustrating to say the least. It's ridiculous eBay takes so long to fix these glitches. Costing both buyers and sellers money. I have had to stop purchasing Buy It Now items; but I am going to try this work around. 

Sounds like over on another thread, Customer Service does not even understand the issue. AARGH! Not surprising though. 

Thanks again for the info!!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for this! I will certainly make use of it on the help boards. Jenny
Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 4
latest reply