cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk edit not working

Bulk edit, specifically Item Description find/replace, has not been working for us for at least the last 48 hours. Our first step is always to check that all tech is updated, then clear cache, then try a different browser. We have done all, and still the Bulk Edit process does not actually complete the edit. The entire process appears to function normally, all the way to hitting Submit. But once they process, they still have the exact same text as before. While we have experienced hiccups with bulk edit in the past, it's never been anything like this where the end result of the Bulk Edit is lost to the ether.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Bulk edit not working

@sssence wrote:

Bulk edit, specifically Item Description find/replace, has not been working for us for at least the last 48 hours. Our first step is always to check that all tech is updated, then clear cache, then try a different browser. We have done all, and still the Bulk Edit process does not actually complete the edit. The entire process appears to function normally, all the way to hitting Submit. But once they process, they still have the exact same text as before. While we have experienced hiccups with bulk edit in the past, it's never been anything like this where the end result of the Bulk Edit is lost to the ether.

Hi @sssence. Do you mind clarifying how many you're trying to bulk edit at once, and which fields you are editing?

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Bulk edit not working

Sure. We are wanting to edit Item Description, specifically using the find/replace feature. We first attempted all 274 listings, then 2 listings, then 1 listing. We attempted on both Chrome and Safari, using both macOS Monterrey, macOS Catalina, and macOS Ventura.  All hardware/software fully updated.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Bulk edit not working

If it helps in researching this, I'm having the exact same problem, having done all the same attempts to resolve (except for trying a different browser.  I'm using Vivaldi). 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Bulk edit not working

thanks for your input, I’d say at this point it can only help in finding a resolution!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Bulk edit not working

I used the find and replace in bulk edit yesterday for the same reason (to change my description to Ground Advantage) and it worked great on all my listings.

I was using the Microsoft Edge Browser on my laptop

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Bulk edit not working

I just tried MS Edge (I never use it) and it didn't work either.  But I did notice a message that I didn't catch before  (because it popped up in a little window that didn't catch my attention?).  Anyway, it stated:  "Item description updated in 0 of 1 draft" (I was testing on only one item, so that part tracks).  

So, that might help in researching? 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Bulk edit not working

Is it at all possible that the phrase you are trying to replace is not typed the exact same as it is in your descriptions? Like maybe there is a capitalization difference or a spelling typo or something?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Bulk edit not working

I used copy'n'paste, so nope.  I did consider a possible variance between the two listings, but then tried with just one, so that wouldn't be it.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Bulk edit not working

Ebay must have changed Bulk edit yesterday? The choice of handling time is gone.

I went away changed my handling time a few days ago. Now that option is gone, I can't change my handling time back to one day. I have over1000 listings I can't do that manually. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply