cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIN is ONLY wanting instant payment

I sell multible items to collectors who want to combine purchases.  My sales and I am led to believe  EVERYONE'S sales at this time are required to be instant payments.  This does not work for me.  Here is a note from a customer who is trying to buy several items for my combined shipping.

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Having the same problem with BIN in multiple purchases from the same customer.
Message 2 of 65
latest reply

@peggyfeltrope

ebay doesn't make you offer IPR (immediate payment required)
this is a sellers choice & you have to check a box in the listing form for it

I can add several of your items to a cart & request a total without a problem so not sure why your buyer is having issues. See top right  1st screen shot

Many sellers are going with IPR because it cuts down on unpaid bidders
I removed your items now but took a screen shot to show you it is working for me, If you had IPR I would not be able to request total as shown in screen shot 2 from another seller with IPR

cart 2.jpg

Seller with IPR

cart request total.jpg

Message 3 of 65
latest reply

Wonder if it could be a mobile problem?? I assume Lab is on a pc............

Message 4 of 65
latest reply

Yes the cart is working. That is not the problem. The problem is the customer does not want to use the cart as they are not hers until she pays for them and she has lost items from her cart if others buy them first before she can pay. This happens all to often with my items. She is up to 22 items now and her normal total is 40 before she pays. She buys all month long and pays when she reaches that total of 40 or the end of the month. As you can see I sure do not want to lose this one because of an eBay clitch. Others have lost items in the cart this way too.
Message 5 of 65
latest reply

And my little box is unchecked on all my listings.
Message 6 of 65
latest reply

According to my customers this is a problem with lap tops and PC's.
Message 7 of 65
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Wonder if it could be a mobile problem?? I assume Lab is on a pc............

Hi dhbookds
This was on my laptop

Message 8 of 65
latest reply

@peggyfeltrope

Then have her just buy it now and continue to purchase for the month until she is ready
If your IPR is not checked then why can't she just buy it now?

You don't have your unpaid item cases set with ebay to auto open them do you?

Also do you have your site preferences set to let buyers combine purchase for 30days?

Just trying to figure out what the issue may be so throwing anything & everything out to you

combined shipping rule.jpg

Message 9 of 65
latest reply

That is the problem right there. She can not just BIN as it wants her to pay for it right then. She wants a combined invoice. We have been doing this for years and never a problem. I have my parameters set for 30 days or 40 items. She and others do not want to pay as they go and never had to before. One of my customers has been on the eBay help line for over 2 hours and the customer support says that they do not know why this is happening but it is with ALL BIN for everyone. They are trying to fix it.
Message 10 of 65
latest reply

I am having the exact same issue. I have been buying comic books from several of the same sellers for YEARS. They run auctions,Buy it nows and auctions with the buy it now option. I have always "run a tab" and bid or use their BIN option until I fill an invoice so as to combined my shipping. I have been buying at least 30 items per week from each of these two paticular sellers for years. All of a sudden yesterday....I can`t hit one of their BIN without ebay/paypal requiring immediate payment. The sellers have assured me it`s not something they have changed. It has to be an ebay glitch or a NEW policy change. Either way I don`t like it and being a minimum of 25k a year ebay purchaser and an ebay seller, I sure wish they would leave well enough ALONE!

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 11 of 65
latest reply

I`m using a PC. I`ve tried my ebay account and my wifes. I`ve also tried firefox,chrome and edge. I`ve cleared cache and cookies....still prompted to pay immediatly.
"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 12 of 65
latest reply

This problem with Buy It Now has been going on for two days for me, Friday and Saturday.  What happens for me is When you go to "Buy It Now", it takes me to the sign in page (even though I am already signed in). After you sign in again, it takes you directly to the Checkout Page. You do not get the screen where it says "Confirm". 

I checked with my sellers (which I have purchased from many times over the year/s). They do not have their accounts set for "Immediate Payment Required". Also, you CAN add the items to your cart, but you CANNOT request a combined invoice! It is grayed out as shown in the OP.  The only option is to Pay Only This Seller. Which takes you directly to the pay screen, still having multiple delivery charges.

Also, keep in mind, that not all sellers use the "cart". Some you just hit Buy It Now for multiple purchases and then request a combined invoice. This problem makes it IMPOSSIBLE to do this!

Fortunately for me, my sellers have been kind enough to refund me the overage in shipping. But of course, they are still stuck with the fees that go along with the shipping charges. This is a big mess! I have had to limit my purchases because it's just too much of a hassle and I make alot of purchases. Also, how many sales are we all losing because of this mess??!!

I have been using both a Mac desktop and Ipad. Both are messed up. This has to be an eBay site problem. 

I'm new here, so if someone knows how to contact the community leader or whomever is responsible for fixing this, I'm sure it would make alot of people happy!!

Message 13 of 65
latest reply

Sorry, I meant to say the Request Combined Invoice in the Cart is grayed out as shown in your example of IPR even though the sellers do NOT have their accounts set for Immediate Payment Required!

Message 14 of 65
latest reply

You could do for your customers what a seller did for me. She had me pay the BIN price, including shipping, but then had me let her know when I was ready to have my items shipped to me and then issued me a refund for the excess s/h.

She printed out a combined invoice and included it with my products.
Message 15 of 65
latest reply