cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available Quantity randomly changing?

Went to my listings page to check on inventory and noticed some strange numbers under the "available quantity" column. Huge numbers that I did not input... in fact, many seemed to mirror the number sold. This seemed to affect approximately 10% of the listings... the others were fine. Has this happened to anyone else? I went to the listing page and it did show that large number available as well... which could have been inconvenient if someone actually tried to buy 44pcs of my stock that I only had 4 of!

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Available Quantity randomly changing?

i'm not filtering per-se.  i'm checking each variation listing for the last revision.  you can find this information under the "about" tab. look for the lines that look like this: 

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.
Last updated on May 04, 2023 13:23:48 PDT See All Revisions

or just control-f search for "revisions".   it will tell you the last time your listing was revised.  i've found that anything with a last revision before May 26 should be safe.  i've pulled down anything revised on may 26. 

Message 31 of 57
latest reply

Thank you!! Can you give a more detailed step by step? I cannot seem to locate this "about tab" you mentioned, nor any revision information. Do you have to click each individual listing or can this be found in bulk? I would need it in bulk. Still waiting to call eBay tomorrow but desperately trying to find my own solution in the meantime. Thank you again!

Message 32 of 57
latest reply

I think you've brought up the most important point of this whole issue. What was ebay doing programming wise or technology wise that would mess with Seller listings????? And while this is turning out to be a nightmare and could potentially ruin or at least severely damage many Sellers, it's nothing like the damage that would be done if the changes had made to the selling price, like IRV31 says.  I agree with the other Sellers that have said ebay needs to be held accountable for this... we hand over 30% of our income in Seller fees for the "privilege" of using ebay as a selling platform. If we paid another hosting site and they f*cked up this bad, we would definitely be getting a refund to keep our business. 

Message 33 of 57
latest reply

I am not sure what you mean by the EIS program. I am a relatively small seller with 84 listings. I use no outside programs or plug-ins to run my listings. I do use the Seller Hub to view my account. The listings that were affected were a random mix. Some hadn't had any sales in a long time... the only similarity I noticed was that the new available quantity appeared to match the total quantity sold over the entire length of the listing's history. But I manually changed those listings and it's been a few days and my memory is getting fuzzy...

Message 34 of 57
latest reply

2023-05-29.png

Look in upper left and you can see what I'm talking about.  This is my selling page for a variation listing.  

Message 35 of 57
latest reply

Thank you @raskolnikov.s  Darn, so there is no way to see if items have been revised in bulk? You have to click each one? Not going to happen for my store, or any one with thousands of listings in their store. This is such an egregious error and absolute NIGHTMARE.

Message 36 of 57
latest reply

Seems you worked fast.

I probably have 5000 listings changed I can't imagine how much time and work it would take me to count inventory and change to correct quantities. ebay needs to reset

Message 37 of 57
latest reply

I don't think they can reset it.  

Message 38 of 57
latest reply

Yeah I hear you @jamestp365 @andrealee00  .  I'm lucky in that it was "only" a couple hundred listings (though many of those have 50-100 variations per listing). Still wasted a good chunk of my holiday weekend. And I have very detailed inventory spreadsheets that helped a ton. I can't even imagine doing this with thousands of listings.

I agree that eBay needs to reset, but as @broyer said, I'm just highly doubtful they can / will.  FWIW, I started with my most popular listings and the listings where high demand items had previously sold out.. just to make sure I could reset the sold out variations to zero quickly and avoid disappointing buyers.

You'd think eBay should compensate us for destroying our customers' experience and forcing us to tank part of holiday weekend. For example, how about refund of 50% final value fees for a week (or more)? What's the over/ under on that happening?!? 🤣    

Message 39 of 57
latest reply

You know.....this will actually be the one time they actually fix it and reset the quantities to where they should be.  I ended all of my affected listings to do a recount especially since I want to try and reopen in a week or so.  Some of the listings will probably never go up but they weren't popular in the first place.  I'll also be starting with the high demand ones and get to the lesser as I have time.  

Message 40 of 57
latest reply

The code they implemented added 'amount sold' to qty. Seems code could subtract the 'amount sold' back from qty.

Looks like shipping update was the cause. My revision history for items show changes as:

May 26, 2023
05:18:04 PM PDT
Shipping Terms
Quantity
Worldwide

Message 41 of 57
latest reply

im still waiting ebay to fix this . hopefully tomorrow.

please keep posting updates here 

thanks 

Message 42 of 57
latest reply

Amazing...it looks like ebay has fixed this. I did have to go in to a few listings and manually fix qty's.

Message 43 of 57
latest reply

Still not fixed here. 
I did find that the problem seems to be focused on my multi variation listings and the new, incorrect quantities are the Initial quantity minus the sold quantity.  It seems to be that the available quantity MINUS the sold is giving me the accurate quantity that I had before this glitch.  Still going to to take me days to fix, but this seems to be getting the correct numbers (not counting what sold over the weekend!)

Ebay fix this!!  Or issue an apology to our buyers!

Message 44 of 57
latest reply

They did something for sure, but obviously not a complete fix yet. Hoping they still come through with a complete fix, I have a partial fix on my store currently (weird) and I still can't be fully confident about my listings overall. If anyone gets an update on this let us know! I'll be calling today as well.

Message 45 of 57
latest reply