eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Pottery, Glass & Porcelain

Hello Folks,

I recently purchased this Art Deco style glass lamp.  It's made of pink satin glass with a black glass base.  The design features four panels, each depicting a dancing semi-nude woman holding a flower over her head.  The lamp stands about 10 1/8" tall including the base.  The pink portion is 9 1/4" tall and 4 1/4" square.  The base is 5" wide.  There are no manufacturer markings that I can find.

I've seen a vase that looks identical to the pink portion of the lamp that was made by Sarsaparilla Deco Designs in 1984.  However, the vase is slighly shorter (8 7/8" tall) and it has 4 feet.  The bottom of the vase is clearly marked with the Sarsaparilla name.  I looked through the glass at the bottom of the lamp and don't think there is any writing on the bottom of the pink glass.  Also, this piece has no feet on the pink portion of the glass.

I think Sarsaparilla generally modeled their designs after actual items from the Art Deco period.  I'm wondering if this lamp is an original, older piece that Sarsaparilla modeled their vase from.  I haven't been able to find another example of this lamp anywhere on the internet.  Does anyone know who made this lamp?

Any ideas are welcome.  Thanks in advance!

pinkdeco front.jpg

pinkdeco close2.jpg

pinkdeco close3.jpg

pinkdeco under.jpg

Pottery, Glass & Porcelain discussion

I found this cup and saucer and cake plate today. Can't seem to locate it in sales or actives on eBay. Would anyone know the pattern? Sure would appreciate any help identifying them. Thank you.

IMG_8369.JPGIMG_8369.JPG

Hello Folks,

I recently acquired this covered dish with an art glass bird finial.  The style of the bird looks a lot like the finial on crystal perfume bottles made by the Pairpoint Glass Company and designed by Robert Gunderson.  However, the bird on my piece is not quite as detailed and the ball it sits on is not as well formed.  Also, I'm not aware that Pairpoint made covered dishes like this one.

I'm guessing this covered dish (candy dish or trinket container) is a knockoff of the Gunderson design.  The piece measures about 12 1/4" to the top of the bird's tail and the dish portion measures approximately 6 1/2" wide.

Does anyone know who made this piece?  Thanks in advance!

birddish whole.jpg

birddish close1.jpg

birddish close2.jpg

birddish upside.jpg

I picked up this vaugley art deco-ish teapot recently andhave exhausted all search avenues. It is 6 x6 and I just cant figure out the signature ! Any and all help is appreciated.DSCN3311.JPGDSCN3308.JPG

Jun 30, 2015 1:01:47 PM PT

Potties,any ideas on this teapot ?

DSC00858.JPGDSC00864.JPGDSC00861.JPGDSC00860.JPG

Hello,

We were hoping someone could help us identify the porcelain mark on the bottom of this piece. It appears to be a cross sword mark like Meiissen / Dresden, but we are not sure as it is quite blurry and partially on the bottom rim making hard for us to really get a good look at it. If anyone could help us it would be great. The piece is not that good condition wise there are numerous chips and wear points.

See photos - below.

Thank You for looking - have a great day everyone!

Rob & Tracie

SAM_3624.JPGSAM_3625.JPGSAM_3627.JPGSAM_3628.JPG

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a topic with new unread messages 4 8
This is a topic with new unread messages 1 3
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 4
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 5