eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Pottery, Glass & Porcelain

I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a crock like this or know if it's Texas pottery?  Thank you in advance.  I've never seen that wash out under the rim, pretty cool.  20150301_150443 (1280x720).jpg

Pottery, Glass & Porcelain discussion

Mar 1, 2015 4:21:39 PM PT

yellow on rim of crock

It is very heavy for it's size I am not sure what it is made of, I was thinking clay or stoneware. On his banner reads, bah humbug, it is quite dusty.

DSC01053

DSC01054

DSC01055

DSC01056

DSC01058

DSC01059

DSC01066

DSC01067

This vase has a white layer inside and is green outside with a swirl design. I think it is considered Cased Glass. Does anyone have an opinion on age and origin? I know it could be brand new from China, its hard for me to tell with art glass... It measures about 8 inches tall. Thanks for any info!

IMG_20150302_130820.jpgIMG_20150302_130925.jpgIMG_20150302_130906.jpg

This is a new post put in the correct category.

Looking for some information on a couple of Deruta Pottery pieces we recently purchased. Both are very large and heavy. I have searched the web and have found nothing even close in style and design to these that are from Deruta, Italy. I am hoping someone may recognize the style and help me to identify the maker/designer and a possible time period for these unique pieces. Much Thanks 01.JPG02.JPG03.JPG

Mar 2, 2015 3:43:44 PM PT

Deruta Italy Pottery Help ID

Hi All, I have a very interesting little piece of porcelain that I have been unable to identify. It is a little green and white pin or dresser tray that shows two dogs fighting or playing. It is a good quality piece. The green colored porcelain is actually green clay with a clear glaze. It has an incised mark on the bottom with what looks like an arm with a sword inside of a shield shape. It has the numbers 3734 and 190 incised into the clay. It is a sweet little piece and I hate to list it unidentified... If anybody has any information I would be very grateful.  Please see photos below. Thanks, D

PC140058.JPGPC140060.JPGPC140061.JPG

Mar 2, 2015 7:02:06 PM PT

Help With Pottery Identification?

This is a new post put in the correct category.

I am in need of some help identifying this "Asian" jar. I have no knowledge of Asian porcelain. I have been researching this piece for some time on the net and have learned some things, but have become increasingly confused also. I only am confident of a few details, being that this is a jinger jar. It has red handpainted design under glaze and Polychrome decoration over glaze. Hoping someone out there can clear things up for me. First, I believe this is Japanese rather than Chinese? I have seen terms used like Imari, Wucai, Verti and many more names used to identify asian pieces that are quite the same as this one. I believe that the red underglaze decoration/design is a major key to "what it actually is, and may also hold the key to possible dating. Of corse, the markings on the rim and the enamel green overglaze "wing" mark on the bottom may help also. Found no marks on the net like them.  In a nut shell am hoping to find: The country of origin, what it is called: Imari, Wucai, etc. and a time period it was made.  Would be great to attribute it to an actual person as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

003.JPG002.JPG001.JPG005.JPG 

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 2
This is a topic with new unread messages 2 3
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 6
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 3
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 4
This is a topic with new unread messages 4 7
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 4