cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help Id Pottery Black Buffalo Hobbyish or something ?

Thanks for looking. This black buffalo is 8" long x 6" high.  Any input is appreciated.

DSC08090.JPGDSC08091.JPGDSC08092.JPGDSC08093.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Please help Id Pottery Black Buffalo Hobbyish or something ?

From what I can see, and from what you are measuring, I think it is a match. It is not unusual to have a mark smeared, or be incomplete, or in some cases, to be missing entirely. If it was mine, I would call it a match, and list it as Coors Pottery Buffalo, but I have listed and sold a lot of art pottery here for many years, beginning in 1996...........and I have the book in my hands that shows how the picture matches perfectly. If you could find a copy of the book, it might help give you the same confidence.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Your buffalo appears to be Coors Pottery, made in Golden, Colorado. Here is the description from the Colorado Pottery book by Carol & Jim Carlton, page 89. 'The Coors Buffalo Statue, Approximately 8-1/2x5 inches, Stamped inside, 'Coors Pottery', Value '$500'. The book is dated 1994 and is published by Collector Books, and likely now out of date. Hope the dimensions match...........and if so, Congratuations!  The value may of course changed considerably since 1994, but a find, regardless.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Also, the picture in the book matches your picture perfectly, including the black glaze.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi,

Thanks for your response. The buffalo is 5" tall which does not include the base measure, other wise it is 6".  There some markings in blue, but nothing that could be made out.   Have a great weekend!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

From what I can see, and from what you are measuring, I think it is a match. It is not unusual to have a mark smeared, or be incomplete, or in some cases, to be missing entirely. If it was mine, I would call it a match, and list it as Coors Pottery Buffalo, but I have listed and sold a lot of art pottery here for many years, beginning in 1996...........and I have the book in my hands that shows how the picture matches perfectly. If you could find a copy of the book, it might help give you the same confidence.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks again for your help and information!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply