cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help ID 35" Porcelain Cherud Lamp Statue

I just got this lamp/statue from an online auction and if I knew it was so heavy I probably wouldn't have purchased.  It is porcelain and measures 34 1/2" tall without the metal piece from the light fixture on the top.  The bottom base is 13" x 11". The cherubs are very detailed. It's pretty dirty so it's very hard to see any marks.  The bottom just has felt covering the hole. I looked around the edge and still didn't see any marking.  I was wondering if I should remove the felt?  Does anyone know where I can find other that are like this or have any ideas who the maker is or where it was made? 

Thanks!

Teresa

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you.  Is this something that is collectible? 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It's looks like plaster with a heavy enamel paint, then antiqued and a gold paint applied then the whole thing lacquered over.

You can peal back the felt and try to glue it back in place or put on a whole new piece of felt (that's sort of like replacing the webbing on a chair, it shouldn't affect the value).

This looks like the type of Italian/rococo lamp made in the 1960s.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you.  Is this something that is collectible? 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi, this is a very UN educated guess....

The faces seem very severe for cherubs to me. Could this possible be Romulus and Remus of ancient Rome?

Just a thought,

jules

Message 4 of 4
latest reply