cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One last try with these upside down cut to grey crystal not bells somethings LOL

I thought I'd give this one last try before trying to list these beautiful somethings! They aren't bells because they have no clappers and no place for missing clappers. They aren't stems because they have no foot. I tried researching bottom ups as suggested but I just don't see it. They are crystal, the stems/handles are applied and crooked. Any help with these things would be greatly appreciated! Any idea how to even list them would be nice.

Approximately 5 3/4" tall 2 1/2" in diameter across the rims. 

Thanks so very much,

MichelleIMG_2667.JPG

IMG_2660.JPG

IMG_2662.JPG

IMG_2666.JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

One last try with these upside down cut to grey crystal not bells somethings LOL

I don't know how they started out in life, but they now look like candle snuffers.
Janet
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Stirrup cups? Toasting cups? I have seen bell made with a plastic adhesive holding the clapper wire. They were made to salvage a goblet with broken foot.
george
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I have seen footless goblets like these.  I think they were used for the kick-off before a fox hunt.  It has been a while so my memory is a little foggy!

Patd

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

They could have been bells.  Sometimes, in order to just get them to market quickly and inexpensively, the manufacturer did not add a glass hook inside for the crystal clapper.  The clapper was merely glued in with a clear rubber-like round disc that held the small chain and the crystal ball ringer thing.  These frequently fell out when washed or the glue just gave out.  I've had several bells like that and it's almost impossible to fix them unless you have about 7 fingers on one hand.  And very tiny and long plyers.

Pam
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

You might look at these:

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1366&bih=638&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=fox+hunt+goblet&oq=fox+hunt+goblet&gs...:

There was no reason to have a foot since there was no place to set it down on a saddle.  The aids collected them when finished.

Patd

Message 7 of 7
latest reply