cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK can't find who this Limoges mark belongs to and need some help

So I have these Beautiful cups and saucers and I have yet to find the maker. I was able to it find a "page" on google using image but can't figure out what reference book it came from but it does have the mark that matches my piece. I thought it might be Bernardaud but I'm really not sure.. Now I'm just determined to figure this mystery out.. 

I'm attaching the mark from my piece, the cup and saucer and also the page I found on google. Doing an image search on google only sends me to a bunch of examples of the same page with marks but I can't find the original source.. Hope there's a better sleuth here as I keep hitting dead ends.. also thanks in advance for the help..

cup and saucercup and saucermark on bottommark on bottommysterious marks page , but from what ref. book?mysterious marks page , but from what ref. book?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: OK can't find who this Limoges mark belongs to and need some help

I don't think it would help even if you did find the source of that image.

Most of the other marks show the manufacturer's name, so since it's not shown for the mark on your cups, they didn't know who the manufacturer was.

Just describe them as from Limoges, France.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: OK can't find who this Limoges mark belongs to and need some help

thanks for trying to help but honestly it's not about what to describe them as, it's the mystery that I'm trying to solve.... My hope was that someone here might recognize the mark, the pattern or perhaps help to identify what reference book this page might have come from so I can do some more deep diving..
which as you said may not help but since I can't see the whole page  I'm not going to assume that it's a complete dead end.. there may be additional information that just can't be seen or there may be a preceding page that does give more info but can't be seen.... but one never knows until one tries.. so that's what I'm trying to do.. not concerned at all about listing them.. just trying to solve the mystery..

Message 3 of 3
latest reply