cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with ID for Unusual Haeger Mark On Early Piece

Hi everyone.  i'm really hoping someone out there knows a lot about Haeger or maybe has the books.  i've been searching the internet right and left and i can't find any examples of their pottery with this mark on it.  this piece is 7 3/4 inches in height and 11 3/4 inches in diameter at the widest point, so it's a pretty big vase.  I think the matte blue is beautiful.  i'm wondering when, approximately, this was made?  based on my research Haeger started producing art pottery in the early 20s, but i've also seen references to 1914.  based on the design of this vase and the glaze i would assume it's pre 1920.  that mark is less than an inch wide and on the base(along with an old price tag for $5).  any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks

haeger_small.jpghaeger_smallmark.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I frequently lose my reply by hitting Reply instead of Post, so I hope this doesn't appear twice. I found the same date. The shape is #20 and came in 4 sizes, called 20a,b,c,d, depending on whether 5,8,11, or 14 in. I think it was designed by Martin Stangl, who started at Haeger in Dec. 1914. It looks like the Eve vase without handles.
Janet

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Mark is shown in David Dilley's Haeger through the years circa 1933

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I frequently lose my reply by hitting Reply instead of Post, so I hope this doesn't appear twice. I found the same date. The shape is #20 and came in 4 sizes, called 20a,b,c,d, depending on whether 5,8,11, or 14 in. I think it was designed by Martin Stangl, who started at Haeger in Dec. 1914. It looks like the Eve vase without handles.
Janet
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

thank you.  i've come across several examples of the "eve" vase online,  but all of the examples i found online weren't marked.  I guess this would be the "c" model.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes, yours is 20c. The Eve vase is a different number.
Janet
Message 5 of 5
latest reply