cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mica Italy ... Beautiful Italian bowl...

I picked this up and have been looking for info on it but can't seem to find anything out...anyone know anything about this?

Bottom says MICA ITALY 

1430 / 32

Measures without the handles 15" across and about 5" deep.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Mica Italy ... Beautiful Italian bowl...

MICA. Manifattura Italiana Ceramica Artistica, was established in 1928 by the Ciampi siblings, Giulo, Giannino and sister Gianina. The family operated in Sesto Fiorentino, a suburb of Florence. The company was active until the late 1950's. The extensive use of gold, which requires a third firing in the kiln, was indicative of their work after the end of World War II.

Walter Del Pellegrino

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

bottom

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

MICA. Manifattura Italiana Ceramica Artistica, was established in 1928 by the Ciampi siblings, Giulo, Giannino and sister Gianina. The family operated in Sesto Fiorentino, a suburb of Florence. The company was active until the late 1950's. The extensive use of gold, which requires a third firing in the kiln, was indicative of their work after the end of World War II.

Walter Del Pellegrino
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Thank you so very much Walter!!!  Happy Valentines Day!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I have one just like this. Does anyone have an idea of value?

Thanks

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

In English speaking markets such pieces have only a decorative value. Which is to say it has no collector or historical value. When items like this one sell, which doesn't happen often, they may fetch $10.00 or so. 

Walter Del Pellegrino
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Picture3.jpgInteresting how similar the detail is between my piece and yours. Same background glaze and leafwork.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Hello,  I have a very simular plate. Same number un the back 1430 / 22

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for this information Walter. I have been trying to find out the origin of my ornate MICA cockerel which is adorned with gold and stands in a bed of hand made flowers and greenery.  It originally belonged to my grandmother, From your information I suspect my Father purchased it for her when he was in Italy during the war.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply