cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matte Green lamp base #942

c*me*4*lefton*info
Trailblazer

I purchased this lamp base about 40 years ago and have never discovered what it might be. I believe it is matte green. I have attached 4 photos. One is full front on, taken with a flash, and that image has a 6 inch metal ruler at the bottom for scale. Two of the images show the entire circular hole in the bottom, are taken with flash, and, on my computer monitor, the color of the unglazed clay and glaze are very close to their actual color. The fourth image is a close up of the number 942 which I am hopeful will aid in it's identification, the color of the clay is distorted in that close up image taken indoors with incadescent lighting.

I posted this many years ago and no one did ID it. I am hoping for better luck this time. Thank you for looking.

number 942 on bottomnumber 942 on bottom

close color of glaze and unglazed clayclose color of glaze and unglazed clay

close color of clay and glaze #2close color of clay and glaze #2

full front on with ruler at bottomfull front on with ruler at bottom

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My best guess would be Brush McCoy, circa the late 20s to mid 30s. I searched both Sanfords BMc texts and wasn't able to find the exact lamp base pictured. However, I was able to find a very similar vase on page 86 of book 1. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

c*me*4*lefton*info
Trailblazer

The lamp base is for an electric light, the small hole for the electrical cord can be seen in image 2 and 3.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

My best guess would be Brush McCoy, circa the late 20s to mid 30s. I searched both Sanfords BMc texts and wasn't able to find the exact lamp base pictured. However, I was able to find a very similar vase on page 86 of book 1. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I'll bet that's it. Vase #718 has the same shape and handles and is 7 1/2 inches.
Janet
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you. I looked at some BMc vases tonight and I saw one with a very close color of glaze. Brush McCoy it is.....But is it matte green or something else?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Looks matte green to me.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply