Did you mean: 

Is this Blenko

BottomBottom

Lemon Yellow  iridescent crackleLemon Yellow iridescent crackle

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Is this Blenko

My rule for Blenko, and it is only my rule, is that it has to be pictured in my old Blenko book with the catalog pages. I know that my book is not complete, and not all pieces are shown, but there are so many different similarly made crackle items in the marketplace, that I do not feel confident in calling it Blenko unless I can clearly see it pictured in the catalog pages of my old book. Of course, Blenko is hand blown, so it should also show the pontil mark on the base.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Is this Blenko

Thanks jrkirk. The foot is applied so there is no pontil mark. The unusual thing is the applied base has a center hole and in the hole is what looks and feels similar to half a marble. Reflections make it hard to see in the picture.

I had researched the piece years ago and had put a paper in it with the name blenko, so I must have thought that's who made or might have made it, but can't remember why I thought that.

The clue to the maker might be how the foot is applied but not sure how to research that.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Is this Blenko

I admit the bottom doesn't look Blenko like but I've never seen a Blenko with a foot so just don't know.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Is this Blenko

Thanks Gabla, I've come to the conclusion it is not Blenko.  I found the same thing listed on eBay under Loetz c1900 crackle glass Art Nouveau..., And who knows if that is what it really is.  The difference is the one on eBay is described as being thick glass and mine is thin and delicate

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Is this Blenko

Still, Loetz or others around the 1900 period might be a good direction. Could fit, from your photos. It looks beautiful.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply