cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iridescent Jeweled Vase Please Help Identify Mark

This vase is 4" tall x 1 1/2" top x  3" at widest. Iridescent and pink with jewels and gold trim. I see a crown and something else and numbers on the bottom. The bottom is not glazed and part of the pink on the upper part are not glazed. If you know anything about this piece I would love to hear from you!

Thank you,

Teresa 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Some people do have it listed wrong. It is a little confusing as some Amphora pieces look similar as Schafer & Vater.  It is without a doubt Schafer & Vater though, clear as day, on the side of that building so full of history. I lived in Germany years ago and wish I had been interested in collecting then as I do now, of the things I would have brought back.  Thank you so much for the history lesson, I love it!

Teresa

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Schafer & Vater (Germany) Active 1890-1962.

Image result for schafer and vater mark

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I would never have gotten that. I found a vase just like this ID'd as Amphora on the worthpoint site.
Janet
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I found a similar vase by Schafer & Vater  and also same styles by Amphora. Interesting that they both have the same id marks.  Why would that be?  Now I want to go back and find them again and can't remember what I put in search.  Just more searching....

Thank you all for your help!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's one that was listed on eBay as Schafer & Vater. I can't confirm if this info is 100% correct.

LINK    https://www.ebay.com/itm/BEAUTIFUL-ART-NOUVEAU-SCHAFER-VATER-VASE-ENAMEL-GLAZE-WITH-JEWELS-/39128289...

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

If they had the same marks and were ID'd as Amphora, they were mistaken. It's pretty clear the mark is Schafer and Vater when it's on the factory wall: http://www.schafer-vater.com/schafer_vater_miscellaneous/schafer_vater_history.html
Janet
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Some people do have it listed wrong. It is a little confusing as some Amphora pieces look similar as Schafer & Vater.  It is without a doubt Schafer & Vater though, clear as day, on the side of that building so full of history. I lived in Germany years ago and wish I had been interested in collecting then as I do now, of the things I would have brought back.  Thank you so much for the history lesson, I love it!

Teresa

Message 7 of 7
latest reply