cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glass Hat Vase Or What??

Standing 3 1/2" tall and very confusing, left to me by my Great Grandmother. Please know from the pics I am posting, I don't believe it is Baccarat. It is exquisetly made glass and could be from any high end glass manufacturer. I have even taken it to an appraiser and he wasn't sure of the maker. The pattern is just like the pic I have posted saying Baccarat.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Glass Hat Vase Or What??

Why do you not think it is Baccarat? They made a lot of different glass over the years.
george
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Glass Hat Vase Or What??

George,

Over the years probablu 6 or 8 people have commented on it and when I show them the picture of the pattern  t hey always say "well, it's not Baccarat." Now these are just people I have shown the pics to, they didn't see it in person. One of them actually said Baccarat didn't make colored glass. I have no books on Baccarat, wish I did. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Glass Hat Vase Or What??

I am no expert on Bacarat but I believe that they did make colored glass. I was not their primary line though.
george
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Glass Hat Vase Or What??

It's not really a vase, is it?  Searching using "vase" is unlikely to be of help. Not that I'm saying you were.

It's a lidded...??? Vanity item? Candy/bon-bon container? 

Your photos are very good, try running one through the Google Images feature and see if you get a match.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Glass Hat Vase Or What??

They are still in business, maybe you can email them some photos and ask if it was made by them Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
latest reply