cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fenton Bear Color

Hello to all.  Hope I'm on the right board for my question.  I have these two Fenton bears in the slightest of purple shades and can't find anything else in this color.  I see them in clear, yellow, pink, green, frosted, carnival, etc but not this light shade.  I've checked the basic sites and just not sure where else to look so any direction is appreciated.  The laying bear is 1984 or 1994 I think, it isn't very clear.  Are these rare or run of the mill and I'm just not finding them?  Thank you all for any input.

IMG_3366.JPG

IMG_3372.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fenton Bear Color

The color is Crystal Velvet. 

I found this resource just this past week when I was looking for something myself. www.fentonfan.com

There are past catalogs you can view,. color code list, etc.,  as well as other resources. I foune your sitting bear in the June 1984 catalog. I think they have made these for a number of years though, so it might be hard to narrow down the date unless it was only done is that color for a certain year(s).

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Fenton Bear Color

The color is Crystal Velvet. 

I found this resource just this past week when I was looking for something myself. www.fentonfan.com

There are past catalogs you can view,. color code list, etc.,  as well as other resources. I foune your sitting bear in the June 1984 catalog. I think they have made these for a number of years though, so it might be hard to narrow down the date unless it was only done is that color for a certain year(s).

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Fenton Bear Color

Thank you so much. You are a gem! I know little about Fenton and normally avoid it but these little guys were just to cute. Now to find them a home.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Fenton Bear Color

Sorry, but crystal velvet is a clear satin.  I have looked and the closest I could find is violet for the reclining bear in 2002.  There should be a number in the Fenton oval, sometimes hard to see.  An 8 would indicate the decade of the 1980's, a 9 would be in the 1990's.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Fenton Bear Color

In the catalog it looked like there was a purplish tint to it. I had looked through several catalogs and don't remember seeing light purple color satin.

I didn't know that about the mark - good to know.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply