CAN ANYONE HELP ME DATE THIS SPARROW?

IT IS NUMBERED BUT I CANNOT READ THE FIRST NUMBER. THE LAST ARE 229

IMG_4629.JPGIMG_4634.JPGIMG_4599.JPG

Melissa Ann
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

EARLY LALIQUE SPARROW ID HELP

I can not see the full umber in your photo.
george
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The only no's  I can see are 229

I don't know if that is all there was or perhaps one has disappeared over time

Melissa Ann
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I'm wondering if it actually matters what the number is. There are tons of Lalique satin glass birds on Google and of all the ones I clicked on none gave a number.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

This is good reading about Lalique:

Rene Lalique: Fakes, Imitations, Forged Marks

https://www.realorrepro.com/article/Lalique:

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi there, the "R" was added by someone you can tell as it is not uniform like the "Lalique" is. I am also going to say the piece as a whole is a knock off or a fake. I dont wish to rain on your parade but I have had quite a few of these over the years both from the pre-1945 "R" Lalique era and after, we used to specialize in French art glass when it was still plentiful to purchase and resell and specifically pre-1945. And also as the link someone provided states Lalique never numbered their items in this era, I have probably bought and sold several hundred pieces or more of R Lalique and never once had a piece that had any kind of numbering on it indicating that it was supposedly a limited edition. Why I believe it is a fake is the frosting is not uniform and neither is the molding, its not crisp like the genuine article would be even though it may be a vintage piece. I hope this was helpful, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply