cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

verify debit card to bank account for payouts

Ebay is wanting me to provide proof that my debit card is attached to the bank account on file and will only accept pdf jpeg and some other formats. I looked on my bank statements and they do not show my debit card number on them and Ebay does not accept a screen shot or picture of my card. I been using this debit card for payouts for about 2 years without a hiccup but now since I have a bigger payout there seems to be a problem.  Whatever ebay I think its obvious my card is linked to my account because I have it linked for purchases as well. Cant ebay see that when I purchase items with my debit card it takes the funds from my linked bank account? My question is if my statement does not show my debit card number on it what are my other options to provide the  proof? And if I cant provide the proof what will happen to my funds?  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I'm having the same issue I made proof of my account with the routing number and account number with the micro deposits and I've been using eBay for years and there's no way to prove or show that my debit card is attached to this this is frustrating and I don't think eBay really thought this through

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Use the routing number and bank account number instead.

If they are unacceptable, it is likely the debit card is also unacceptable.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

So if Im unable to show proof with a bank statement what will happen with any funds I made? I mean Im using proably the largest banking institution in the United States that was already verified by eBay, I havent changed my card. Honestly, there has to be tens of thousands of other sellers that use BofA and cant show a statement with a card number on it. So, again, what will happen to the funds? Whats wrong with the card that has been working without a hitch for 2 years now?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I would suggest providing your bank account info rather than your debit card.

You don't need to buy checks or anything.  Just login to your account.  There should be Account Numbers somewhere.  Look for your Routing and Account numbers to add the bank account rather than the debit card.

Kim
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yes, but they are asking me specifically to verify my card.  There are much simpler ways to go about this. For example: charge my card a few cents and then I can show it on my statement. I really dont see any reason to make things difficult for the sellers that pay the fees and keep eBay up and running. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Also, the reason I even added my debit card was because I was told it would give me instant payouts. Which we all know is **bleep**. A electronic transfer is just as fast if not faster than a charge back to your card. It would be really nice to sell on a platform that Im not constantly worried is going to screw me somehow. Enough of the petty games eBay.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I suddenly have this this morning too. My last 2 payments supposedly couldn’t be sent to my card (not sure why, the card is working fine for me) and it worked when they sent it a second time yesterday, but today they said they sent it to my bank instead. 
Now they are asking me to verify my debit card with a bank statement. My bank statement (which I have sent in the past, though it seems intrusive) does not show my debit card! 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

having the same problem as you. my band statements do not have my debit card number on them. Did you get this straightened out?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply