cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so sick of managed payments

I have been a seller on ebay for almost 20 years and every year they shove more **bleep** on use. This has gotten ridiculous. If your not running a small business then you probably don't understand how managed payments is keeling us. Its flat outrageous that if anything sells from Wednesday on you will have to wait till Monday of the next week and as late as Wednesday to get your money. Business has fallen of so bad and then not to be able to access your money on top of that is keeling my business. Many times there are great buys but my money is tied up with eBay. They always talk about how much they do for us seller that's nothing but **bleep**. There more worried about making money off of sitting on our  money than thinking about what a tacks to run a business. small business has to have cash flow to survive. Paypal sure understands that. But ebay couls give a rat's a$$ about us. I'm flat sick of it. They have no problem billing you and getting there money right away Now. heaven forbid they have to wait on there money 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It has been an adjustment for some - others, not so much.  If you sell on other platforms, you likely had already encountered something similar.

Something specific occur to prompt the post? 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@harrykal1 wrote:

Business has fallen of so bad and then not to be able to access your money on top of that is keeling my business. Many times there are great buys but my money is tied up with eBay. 

Ive heard this argument before - but if you have no other cash reserves then it sounds like you are spending money as fast as you make it. Might be better to let the 'great buys' go until you have built up a cushion of cash to protect against disaster if one of your buyers wants to return something. There will be other 'great buys' down the road.

Once you have a cash reserve then it doesnt matter exactly what day you will be getting the money from last Thursday.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Keeling us.... you mean like capsizing us, make the boat keel over?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Any one with a small business should have a business model that includes a petty cash hold for unforeseen expenses, if you don't you need to do that sooner rather than later.

If it is for shipping, that can be paid for using pending funds, anything else can surely be covered for the short time it takes to receive your money.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 5
latest reply