cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payouts on hold all of a sudden

I got a message from eBay today saying:

"Your account is under review" and "Your payouts are currently on hold while we review some information related to your account. This can take up to 5 business days.

Once completed, your funds will be made available, or we'll request additional information if needed. You'll find more details in Messages in My eBay.

You can also check the status of your payouts in Seller Hub.

We appreciate your patience during this process."

but no other information. I have stellar metrics, no issues or cancellations with any of my orders. Has anyone else gotten this today?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Yes lots of people have received that notice but not just today, it is a somewhat common request by eBay.  You still have listings up but need to provide any information that they request. You might want to put what you are currently selling on hold till things get cleared up. 

Looks like you might be drop shipping so my guess might be they are asking for invoices to show you own what you are selling? 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Odd how you are selling items one can purchase for less locally.  
Do you have those items in your possession or are you drop shipping? 
That can be why your payouts are on hold and your account being looked at. 
Don't be surprised if you are asked for an upload of your contract with a wholesaler or receipts. 

In answer to your question, I've never had my funds on hold. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@lowpricesfastshipping Here is some advice you didn't ask for; you should always include the expiration date in listings that include items with expiration or best by dates... obviously if you are selling items you don't have access to you wouldn't be able to do that. Be careful if you're doing that... you never know what might get shipped to a buyer and it could damage your standing. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply