cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting paid

buyer has not been able to process payment to me.  Said they ae getting a "fraud alert".  is there something wrong with my profile?  It hasn't let me send an invoice saying it has to be "authenticated"???

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

getting paid

The only thing that looks suspicious is you listed an expensive item on an account that has been inactive since it was made in 2018. Sometimes scammers find a dormant account to hijack. And sometimes buyers target zero feedback sellers. One way is to say they're having trouble  paying and then next they ask for your PayPal address and then that's  followed up with a fake paid receipt.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

getting paid

Well... have you signed up for Managed Payments? 🤔

Afterthought... you do know that you have to send the bag to eBay's Authenticators, right?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

getting paid

correct....................items that get authenticated can not be invoiced by the seller

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

getting paid

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

correct....................items that get authenticated can not be invoiced by the seller

@buyselljack2016 

Thanks, jack! I don't sell things that need to get authenticated... but you taught me something today! 😉

^^^ ... also calling you 'bee ess' (without all the vowels and only one s) will get me bleeped. So I learned 2 things! LOL

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

getting paid

The only thing that looks suspicious is you listed an expensive item on an account that has been inactive since it was made in 2018. Sometimes scammers find a dormant account to hijack. And sometimes buyers target zero feedback sellers. One way is to say they're having trouble  paying and then next they ask for your PayPal address and then that's  followed up with a fake paid receipt.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

getting paid

I think my best bet is to relist it checking off the "authentication" box whichkept me from sending aproper invoice

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

getting paid

I m findingthat out now...should I relist it checking off that box?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

getting paid

@kasca-12 wrote:

I think my best bet is to relist it checking off the "authentication" box whichkept me from sending aproper invoice

@kasca-12, you can't turn the authentication off. It's mandatory for certain brands, if they are sold for $500 or more. It's not optional, for either seller or buyer.

https://www.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee/handbags

eBay always sends an invoice; there is almost never a reason for the seller to send an invoice. But they won't let you send an invoice for authentication items, because they don't want sellers to try to bypass the authentication program. It is for your protection when you're selling a high-value item ... although it does generate some complaints, they are not very common for handbags, much more more common for high-end watches, jewelry and sneakers.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

getting paid

You can cancel as buyer did not pay since it has been more than 4 days.

The buyer could be lying to you in an attempt to scam you.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply