cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Bank Statement Verification

When adding a debit card option to my eBay payment options, I have been asked to provide a copy of my bank statement. However, I use the “paperless” option with my bank so do not get monthly paper statements. How do I provide acceptable bank verification? The request seems to exclude screen shots. Can I request micro deposits as an option? 
Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If micro deposit was an option it would be listed. Are you trying to do Payouts on demand where you get your payout in 30 minutes or less? 

You are going to need to go to your bank and request a copy of your bank statement. Or download one form your online account. BUT If your bank gives you a copy and it's black and white eBay will not accept it.

Trust me I know, I was in that boat with the red banner staring at me for weeks because of it. If you find that your bank will only issue black and white statements and you have that dreaded red banner saying you need to update your account blah bla blah. To be rid of the banner you would need to delete your debit card from your account. 

Sorry, I have no other options for you. 

@cbrussell60 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Don't do this! I've been with Ebay since 1998. Whether you take time off or not, there's no reason to ask for your bank statement. No other reseller site asks for this, nor do you have to show bank statements to buy a car, etc. There is no reason they have to know your balance, transactions, etc. They will tell you in chat that you can "black out" your balance and transactions, but then, they will reject your submission and tell you have to submit corner to corner statements showing all information. My bank is a major bank who told me not to do so, but to submit a bank verification letter showing my name and address and their verification that I owned that account. That was not acceptable to Ebay. Why is that? Everyone should be asking and afraid. I am canceling my account after 25 years as a verified seller. I will not acquiesce to this unjustified and unwarranted personal information grab. There are other resellers to patronize.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

There are a few misconceptions in your statement....

"...No other reseller site asks for this..."

I suggest you check around before making comments that are invalid...

"...nor do you have to show bank statements to buy a car, etc..."

you are transferring money to a car dealer. not accepting from them

I am not sure what a bank verification letter is, but wouldn't it have those numbers you are concerned about on them?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I know this is a year old but I agree this is weird. I mean they have no problem charging my debit card on file for selling costs, charges, etc. Now they need to verify the same credit card for payouts? You would think it would be the other way around. What am I missing!?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Ebay asked for mine and i down loaded a pdf file from my bank account. I sent them my most recent statements from the previous 3 months when they asked. I have had no problems and would recommend you follow ebays instructions. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply