cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer payment for shipping

Buyer made offer for my product and agreed to pay shipping.  At the time I didn't know what the shipping would be.  Buyer paid for the product plus tax.  I've shipped the product.  Is there any way that I can get the shipping amount???  I'm just learning all of this so this may have been a costly learning experience!!!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Your Lucchese boots sold with Free Shipping. You can't go in now and require a shipping charge from your buyer. For what it's worth, shipping is one of the hardest tasks to master here, and the loss on your shipping cost is minor compared to some sellers' shipping losses, so "costly" is subjective.

You'll warm up to the task as you get settled in here. Good luck.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Too late to revise.  You should have cancelled the transaction and relisted to include shipping. Now if the two of you get together and they cash app or PayPal you some money then that appears to be a work around to get the shipping money BUT it is also avoiding fees because eBay wants a chunk of the shipping fee which they can only get if you have shipping included in the buyer's  payment to eBay.

Next time you'll  know what to do.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Then boots had free shipping and you're not supposed to ask the buyer to pay anymore then what is in the listing, unless they want to upgrade the shipping.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 4
latest reply