cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Do I Need to Do This? Again!

I have been in Managed Payments since August. I have been receiving payments to my account regularly.  Today there was a notice at the top of my Seller Hub Page: "You need to update your account details on file in order to avoid any issues with payouts in the future."

Is this a glitch of some kind? Why am I getting it. All my info.. was correct and I have had no trouble getting my payments to my chosen account.  Anybody know? Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I have been in Managed Payments since October 2018.  Earlier this year I received a similar message.  I thought it was weird, but I went ahead and sent in a copy of my driver's license, bank statement, and a cancelled check.  I am guessing that the information was never requested 2 years ago and they are just now trying to complete the info they needed.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I just got this last night, I only signed up in July and everything was working and then this shows shows up and none of the information has changed.

Of course you can't get a answer from eBay about what they need exactly

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hmmm. Well I actually haven't even clicked on it yet! Lol I hate having to give out more info.  I guess I'll check it and see what they want.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I have been in Managed Payments for about a year now. This is the second time to get these messages for me. I have been selling since payments were wads of cash or money orders mailed in an envelope. They know who I am.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

To me, this is even more disturbing to hear than people who are having problems getting in for the first time.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I have been receiving this message for over a month. Everything is correct, matches my ID and bank account, and it was correct when I was forced to sign up. I keep adjusting my info, like adding my middle name, changing apt to APT, and each time there is a message claiming it will be verified by someone and they will get back to me within 2 business days. Of course no one ever has gotten back to me. Instead I keep getting the stupid message. 

I don't want to waste time contacting eBay because I know it will be some person in a call center located who knows where. The problem is on eBay's end. Either their site is broken (not the first time for that) and the message keeps showing up when it shouldn't, or eBay is just handling this horribly, which would not be the first time either.

I am still getting payments, slowly, on the rare occasion something sells. I use to sell a lot on here but since November it has been dead. And I have been selling on eBay for over 20 years. Because nothing is selling, the insane fees being taken out of shipping, delays in getting my money when something actually sells, and now this, I've stopped listing new items now. It's not worth my time. EBay has had a lot of problems over the years, but this feels like they no longer want small sellers. They don't get it that this also hurts them. I don't even want to buy anything here any more. 

Seriously, what is the point of this "Update Account Details" message if they never tell you exactly what information is appearing incorrect? And no one ever gets back to us, the people who are the reason eBay makes money? 

No need to answer those questions unless you are from eBay. I just wanted to share that I too am having this idiotic problem.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply