cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Kind Of SCAM Was Run In SRI LANKA?

All these folks from Sri Lanka lately coming to this board, desperate to be able to sell, only to find out that most. or all,  from their country cannot. What kind of awful scam was run on these people? I feel bad for the ones coming in here who obviously have been told a series of lies. You can tell by their questions and answers. Really curious to know.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I don’t know why the sudden surge, but plenty of websites such as this one have been around for a while, explaining how to get around the restrictions...

https://rumblinglankan.com/694/how-to-receive-money-from-paypal-for-send-only-accounts/

I can only expect more headaches once the accounts start getting frozen and Sri Lankan sellers stop fulfilling orders and start asking why their accounts don’t work anymore...

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@wrong66 

A few years ago, I run across a site where they were selling a kit that told them how to get around the Pay Pal restrictions, they would set up their Pay Pal and Ebay accounts for them and all kinds of stuff.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

What kind of awful scam was run on these people?

I believe the governmental ban in that country was finally lifted to allow their citizens to participate in international  internet marketplace selling.  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

What kind of awful scam was run on these people?

I believe the governmental ban in that country was finally lifted to allow their citizens to participate in international  internet marketplace selling.  

Yes, but they still can't accept payments by Pay Pal legally.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

But it seems the ones coming in here for help were left hung out to dry. That's what it sounds like to me, anyway.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

You know, I've wondered the same. I think of it as a 'scam', too, but the posters don't seem angry... yet.

I keep waiting on the other shoe to drop............

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

There are a lot of videos being posted on the web on how to make a fortune selling on eBay. Many seem  to be targeting Sri Lankans. It's probably individuals or groups selling Get Rich Quick scams in third world countries. There government is talking about relaxing monetary policies that are keeping them from accepting payments through companies like PayPal.  

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply