cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Ebay's Dictatorship Doesn't Understand......We Bought & Sold with Paypal

Sellers had Their Money in a Paypal Account to Buy More Stuff from Other Ebay Sellers

Now You have to use Your Credit Card, or Debit Card........a Paypal Account is almost Useless, Unless You Want to Transfer Money to The Paypal Account with Fees ?

Managed Payment System is a Mess......Really a Mess

I HATE IT !!!!

Message 1 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

You can still use PayPal for buying, you'll just have to take the money from your attached payment method.  But, yes, they will lose some impulse buying from the sellers.  That said, I buy a lot more on Amazon than I do here anyway. Usually cheaper there.

Yes, I can have Money sent from my Bank Account to Paypal.......But Why ?......Because I want another Transaction to keep an Eye on ?

Message 3 of 58
latest reply

This is for sure ebays biggest screw up yet !! What in the world could have they been thinking ? There are some on here saying ebay will not lose sellers or buyers but I beg to differ !! Worst thing about it is taking away the users choices ! Ebay is becoming famous for breaking things that do not need fixed ! If someone wants MP let them have it but if someone does not they should not force them into it ! It is the sellers items for sale and it is the sellers money at stake and no matter how someone looks at it technically speaking ebay has made the sellers business theirs ! I just cannot live with that ! I get tired of all the people sticking up for them but it is ebay that has the billions in the bank from our sweat !

Message 4 of 58
latest reply

@muskingum_relics wrote:

This is for sure ebays biggest screw up yet !! What in the world could have they been thinking ? There are some on here saying ebay will not lose sellers or buyers but I beg to differ !! Worst thing about it is taking away the users choices ! Ebay is becoming famous for breaking things that do not need fixed ! If someone wants MP let them have it but if someone does not they should not force them into it ! It is the sellers items for sale and it is the sellers money at stake and no matter how someone looks at it technically speaking ebay has made the sellers business theirs ! I just cannot live with that ! I get tired of all the people sticking up for them but it is ebay that has the billions in the bank from our sweat !

Ebay could care less, the sellers that are buyers are no longer wanted by Ebay.

I personally have been both for 20 years and buy less and less all the time and sell less and less as it is becoming more and more unprofitable to sell here.

Message 5 of 58
latest reply

I would imagine your profits are way down, considering you've sold ONE thing over the last six months.

Message 6 of 58
latest reply

I agree. I checked my sales report my cost of sales is 41% for last month. Now If I continue to sell on eBay I will have to open a checking account I don't know what the monthly service fee is on checking but I guess 20-30 dollars a month. They say fees will be less if I register for managed payment. When I read the message informing me I must register to sell I check the fees on the last item I sold. The way fees are calculated now the fee on the item is 4.84 that includes Paypal fee I did the math on the MP program and the percentage is less the cost is 4.64 then add 30 cent transaction fee and it is 4.94 I think that is not a saving. I called eBay support and ask if they could deposit my funds in my Paypal cash card account the lady said no, they may in time but for now, I have to have a checking account. I ask what if I don't register, she said around the middle of November they will close my selling account. I have been selling on eBay for over 20 years and at that time it was a money-making deal but as the years passed  I had less and less control of my business it is now to the point I am an employee for eBay and pay them for the privilege of working for them. I am a small seller it is a hobby for me I enjoy buying and selling junk. So sometime in November, they will shut me down and they won't notice the loss or the fees I pay on the 4 to 5 thousand a year.

Message 7 of 58
latest reply

What sellers don't understand, once the contract with Pay Pal expires, sellers won't be able to get paid.

Have a great day.
Message 8 of 58
latest reply

Could you explain to Sellers.......Why Ebay's Refusal to make a Deal with Paypal......is Now The Sellers Fault ?

Here's an Idea.......BLAME THE SELLERS

Message 9 of 58
latest reply

If they can deposit the funds into a checking account using my account number and routing number they can deposit the funds into my PayPal cash account using my PayPal account number.

Message 10 of 58
latest reply

@carbideliquidator wrote:

Why Ebay's Refusal to make a Deal with Paypal......

Because Pay Pal doesn't want another contract with Ebay.

Have a great day.
Message 11 of 58
latest reply

@bobsattic1929 wrote:

If they can deposit the funds into a checking account using my account number and routing number they can deposit the funds into my PayPal cash account using my PayPal account number.

They can't deposit funds in your Pay Pal account because they are not a bank.

Have a great day.
Message 12 of 58
latest reply

and where do you get your Info ?......from Message Boards ?

Message 13 of 58
latest reply

IT SURE IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 14 of 58
latest reply

If Paypal can make Loans.......They acting like a Bank

and Yes, it Might be Through a 3rd Party........But it is still going through Paypal

Yes, by Lending Practice .......Paypal would be Considered a Bank/Lending Institution

Message 15 of 58
latest reply