cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY DOES EBAY HOLD FUNDS FOR 30 DAYS AND THE COUSTOMER HAS YOUR EQUIPMENT AND EBAY HAS THE FUNDS

I WILL BE OUT OF BUSINESS SOON IF EBAY HOLDS MY FUNDS FOR 30 DAYS WHILE THE CUSTOMER TAKES  POSSESSION  OF THE EQUIPMENT AND EBAY HAS ALL THE FUNDS. I WILL FOR SURE BE OUT OF BUSINESS IF THAT KEEP OCCURRING.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

WHY DOES EBAY HOLD FUNDS FOR 30 DAYS AND THE COUSTOMER HAS YOUR EQUIPMENT AND EBAY HAS THE FUNDS

Buyers have 30 days to file for a refund, they want to make sure the money is there in case a refund is needed.

If you sell steady without any problems, they'll ease up on the holds.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You must sell something every month...even if its buttons or post cards or whatever for 2 bucks...when you stop selling  for 30+ days your funds are on hold. So sell something every month.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It's not very specific but here's the Payments on hold info page.

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 18-23-32 Payments on hold.png

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You just started selling.  Holds will happen until you have a proven track record. Stay steady with 100% successful sales and holds will be lifted in due time. 

Posting ID
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Just establish a consistent pattern of meeting your obligations...The sell one thing a month is a perfect strategy to maintain your account in good standing. Once you are established the funds get to you fairly quickly (2 days)

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

You can't start selling on a shoestring.

The buyer paid so they have a right to get their item. The hold on the payment is not their problem. 

eBay is making sure you are trustworthy and describe properly and ship within your handling time before they release the funds.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply