cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLVED: EBay Coupon Not Working

I received a $5 eBay coupon and when I enter the coupon code it says “looks like that’s the wrong code. Please double-check and try again.” 

I have an item in my cart over the minimum $5.01.  I meet all the conditions when I click the "terms and conditions" link.

SOLVED:  Hope this helps someone else!

TLDR: So if this happens to you, check to see if it is in your Summary page.  Check what account/email the promotion email was sent to.  If not your usual account, try google login, or Facebook or another.  use your coupon with this alternate account.

Here is what happened to cause the issue:  

My son used my computer and was looking on ebay while logged off.  I was logged in to my google account for gmail.  He clicked "log in with Google" -- I never use this, I use a different email address for EBay.  Then he  clicked whatever to create a new account!  So now I have two ebay accounts.  My old one that uses a email address that redirects to my gmail account, and my gmail email address with a made up username like DL_4389.

The new account has been sending me promotions and now a coupon.  I'm trying to use the coupon code with my old account, the only one I know about, and isnt working.

Finally I noticed that my email address in the promotion is this weird name   "DL_4389"  at first I thought FRAUD, then I thought SON. 🙂   I Logged out and click "log in with google" and sure enough, I am in a new account.  I pull up a buy it now, paste in the coupon, and:  "Coupon code is expired"   Aargh!  Missed it by 8 hours!  But at least I know what happened.  Also the coupon shows up in my summary page, even though it is expired.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Unfortunately, it is not the same case for me. I copied and pasted the exact same code from the page, and when pasted into the checkout, it doesn't work. I'm not sure why yet.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply