cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payout got sent to closed bank account please help

So I had a bank account that I recently closed in April of 2023 my payout was sent to that closed bank account on sat November 30   was told that if it wasn’t  able to send to that bank account eBay would then send me a message  saying payout sent error I got a second message sent  saying that the payout funds sent to that account could not be completed and would be available   I re - entered the correct bank account   on November 30th account (the day that I got payout )   and on December 1st I got two separate messages  saying the payout had a error sending to that bank account I called eBay and they told me there was nothing they can do cause it was already sent to that account I called the bank that I originally had that account  (recently closed   bank account) and they said they look into it the next day is when I got the two messages saying payout funds could not be sent so what do I do now am I s-O-l on this  payout or is this literally a error or do I call eBay back and let them know I still haven’t gotten that payout fund 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It is the weekend...not a business day...and banks stop during business at 5PM on Friday.

Nothing will happen until after Monday after 9AM. Then you can try to do something.

But banking is currently closed after 5PM on a Friday and reopens on Monday after 9AM...so enjoy the weekend.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

My question to you is, if you closed your bank account in April why didn’t you update your eBay account with the new one at that time? Then you wouldn’t be having these issues now. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@metallicadude142004 

Call the bank and see how to get the money eBay sent you. eBay has no way to send money to any other account except the one that was used to fund the payment. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

April is NOT recent.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply