cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payoneer Account Reconfirmation Request: What is going-on?

Today I received an email from eBay CS informing me that my scheduled Payout and reason is: 

"On March 20th, a maintenance exercise inadvertently disconnected your Payoneer account from eBay"

I followed the instructions in the email, I noticed following: 

1. My eBay Payment setting is showing the correct Payoneer account details (doesn't look disconnected) 

2. I checked my Payoneer account (Business Network/Store Manager/Connected Stores): status is eBay store is connected with Payoneer.

Anyway, I followed instruction in the email and after login and security questions: Payoneer reconnection page gave me one option: 

Payoneer becomes my Solo Payment method for eBay charges (basically store fees and any refunds)

For those who don't know: Payoneer will charge you 2% on Processing Payment Requests

I didn't proceed further in the "Reconnecting Your Payoneer Account" and cancelled it. 

Payoneer is proving that with help from eBay is acting in a deceptive way, forcing customers to use services they don't want at unknow/unclear terms. This step is a clear violation of competition laws, at least, in several jurisdictions. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If you didn't  proceed to accept Payoneer as the method to pay for seller fees then you won't  be able to sell.

If there's a 2% fee to process your payouts (withdraw the money from Payoneer) then that's what it is.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

If you're not going to reconnect it, you might as well remove your listings, because you won't be able to be paid.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Two different things: 

1. Payout is one thing

2. Make Payment for eBay charges is another

The first one we are living with it as there is no option.

The second one we have options to pay eBay charges:

1. From Funds available with eBay

2. Credit Card (don't have to pay 2%)

eBay can't take seller money hostage to force them accept making payment for charges only through Payoneer (if there are no sufficient funds available in his eBay account) 

Furthermore, when Payoneer was introduced in 2021, they didn't insist on having themselves as one of the charges funding methods for eBay. It started as a payout intermediary processing provider. 

The whole affair of Payoneer is wrong: 

1. eBay can't force sellers on how to route their funds: the moment the money leaves eBay accounts it becomes outside their services T&C's. eBay installed Payoneer in the middle outside their platform and forcing sellers to live with their arbitrary service T&C's

2. Any argument that this eBay platform and they can dictate whatever they want is invalid: this is not their money and sending outside eBay accounts makes it out of their T&C's applicability. eBay CEO has no right to sign an agreement on people money, he can do this on his personal money and eBay money he is entrusted with managing. 

3. Last point: eBay gets monthly fees to manage our business on their platform, the fees exclude managing our money outside their platform. 

Since Payoneer was introduced (along with insisting on the EU IOSS VAT agency and applying FVF to Shipping), the cost of doing business on eBay increased by 18% from previous

Thanks for your contribution, but unfortunately it is not accurate. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I am rejecting at the moment offers and canalling orders, until eBay resolve this issue created by their IT Staff (as per the email I received) 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You can tell me my reply isn't  accurate, I don't  care but tor sure if eBay says you need a method to pay for store fees and refunds and they want to take it from wherever, then why are you arguing about it?  DO IT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP SELLING. It's nothing illegal that eBay is doing.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply