cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment dispute for item listed as "local pickup only"

I had a buyer purchase a couple of pieces of luggage in two separate transactions.  Both pieces listed as "local pickup only" in payment terms.  After buyer paid, I sent multiple messages to them trying to arrange pickup.  No replies to anything.  So I gave up.  60 days later they filed disputes on both payments.  eBay asked me to provide evidence that item was shipped.  I called eBay CS and explained to them that this was a local pickup sale and buyer never responded.  They assured me that they understood and could see the messages that I sent to the buyer and that I was covered by the eBay Seller Protection (whatever that is) and that they would prepare my case for the dispute.

Fast forward 2 weeks and not only did I lose the dispute but eBay dinged me an extra $20 for the chargeback.

I know it's supposed to be part of the business but this one really sucks.  What should I have done differently?  Is there anything to be gained by escalating this with eBay CS?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

norhing man ebay sucks sometimes… Have gotten to many chargebacks…

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Payment terms?

Don't  you mean shipping terms, as in no shipping, or a shipping method?

If the buyer pays and fails to pick up then surely you did not think you could keep their money and the item?

Seeing what is said in messages is meaningless. The only seller protection a seller has is tracking proving delivery or having the QR code supplied to you by the buyer, or the 6 digit code given to you at pickup.

You should have cancelled the transaction and  refunded their payment when you realized they were not picking up the items. It would have saved you that chargeback fee. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hello ! I have sold few items with Local Pickup option, buyer disputed payment method, but i have only pickup code on me- can this help in this process? 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply