cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a Payment Dispute

It's been a minute since I have sold an item and did not get paid.  I note that the 3 days to pay has been extended to 4, I know they got rid of negative feedback which was a crock and now I find out that a payment dispute can no longer be filed.  I'm just suppose to cancel the order, relist or whatever and that's it.  Why does eBay baby buyers?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Set up to have unpaid items to automatically cancel at 4 days.

You dont have to do anything and the buyer gets and Unpaid strike.

I never knew a seller could file a "payment dispute"

You could also save yourself time by listing only BIN with immediate payment required, and dont allow Best Offer.

Most things that go unpaid are "offers" and  Auctions.

Seems it has been quite awhile since you sold stuff on eBay. You should probably read all the information on the right of the page.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you resend an invoice(s) of an auction to buyer the payment will get extended by a day every time you send one. If you did in the past, never send a reminder to pay...eBay does that.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I had to think... I've been with eBay 25 years now.  The hassle of getting paid hasn't reared it's head with me for a long time.  It used to be that a seller waited 3 days to get paid.  Then the seller could file a payment dispute and had to wait 3 more days after that.  I can see the benefit of cancelling the order but I sure wish negative feedback could still be left.  I don't know why buyers have the scales tipped towards them but it is what it is.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

How would negative feedback make any difference?

Have a great day
Message 5 of 5
latest reply