cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help with 1099 deductions

I am trying to determine where we are at with business for this year so far. Does anyone know what column in the Seller Hub Transaction Report gets added up to equal what our 1099 we get at the end of the year will say? Also secondly which items them get deducted from the 1099 amount? Tax collected by ebay, refunds, cancelled orders etc? We war hoping someone out there in the community has a clearer understanding of this than I do.  My accountant has spoken with ebay CS but has gotten different answers. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

All received but the sales tax will be on this 1099-K

Would advise for your books to include that sale tax as ebay collected and remitted...

Every thing else you have to do the books on that included refunds etc...

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

ok so the sales tax I need to add up and deduct. same with refunds? cancelled orders?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If you create a report for orders, the column that says "gross transactions" includes only item price and shipping (if any). This is the amount on the 1099. They do not include returns/refunds on the 1099 so you need to deduct those under expenses along with all the different fees, shipping costs you paid, and all the other costs of doing business, etc. etc. (Sales tax is not included on the 1099 so you don't have to do anything with that).

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

See this is where I am confused, the person before you said sales tax is included in the 1099 and I need to deduct? 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@donsdetour said, “All received BUT the sales tax will be on this 1099-K” meaning everything EXCEPT the sales tax.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply