cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC011 Restirction. Has anyone successfully claimed their funds from the state?

I have had no success removing the restriction on my account, not after ID verification, utility bills, receipts for products, everything. I honestly am devastated as eBay is my life and I don't plan to nor can I even sell anywhere else even close to as efficiently. 

It has to be because I sold a high value item, I provided the receipt to them immediately. 

I am now past MC011 restriction and they have completely suspended me from ever selling again.

I have $5400 in my balance, not only unusable for shopping, but non-withdrawable.

This platform is a joke, I understand why I am restricted, no understanding on why I am fully banned.

I sold the item on January 24th. The funds were "released" on February 24th. The product was delivered since Feb 5th, and positive feedback has been left since Feb 5th.

Is there any chance my payment will end up going to one of the selected managed payments on file? Or am i likely going to wait to try to claim it from the state. I have heard countless people mention the state escheatment laws, but has anyone here actually filed and successfully claimed their money? 

No, I doubt it.

With that said, I have heard so much about receiving the payment from the state escheatment laws after 4-6 months, like I said, but am nervous about this whole process and have a big feeling of uncertainty. Can someone please tell me I'll be good? That I will eventually see this money? It wont be refunded to the guy right? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If it's sent to the state, you will get the money. I have gotten money from the state twice, two different states. The refunds were a result of a medical overpayment and a utility refund, but it's no problem getting the money from the state as long as you follow the instructions for refund.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Your payment will go to a linked checking account. If you don't  have one sucessfully linked then eBay turns it over to the state. Don't  count on getting it back in 4-6 months. After your state gets it there's  a dormancy  period before you can claim the funds. They'll take out any money you owe the state. It's  not a fast process.

I know someone that owed child support and an insurance payout  that went to escheatment was derailed. Their unclaimed funds never materialized.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply