cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Fees on Items Shipped Domestically

I had a look at my fees and eBay is quite often charging international fees on my sales.

This must be a mistake because I checked those orders and noticed that all were sent to domestic addresses. We do not ship internationally.

This must be a mistake by eBay. Otherwise, there is no way for us to actually determine is a buyer is "internaitonal" or not, right?

It seems like eBay does not even give an option to not deal with orders like that, that cost an international fee. And, that is seems like a theft to me. Does not sit right at all.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Have you ever read through the policy page for Selling Fees?

There is a 1.65% fee charged to sellers whenever an International Buyer purchases something from you.  Even if the buyer is registered in a different country but has the item shipped to a US address.  This isn't a new rule.

Paypal also always had this fee when we were with them.  I do think it was a little lower, about 1.50%.

I suggest you re-read the Seller Fee Policy page.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

There was a small difference with paypal.   You had a setting to block international payments.   No such setting with MP.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@alcoforever wrote:

There was a small difference with paypal.   You had a setting to block international payments.   No such setting with MP.

The block that is available in Paypal was to block international buyers from paying with international money of some sort.  A block that was and is totally unnecessary since if you post your listings on the US site Ebay ONLY allows the buyers pay with US currency.

The deciding factor for Ebay and for PayPal is WHERE the buyer's account was registered.  If it is in a different country other than the USA, this this international fee applies, even if the buyer has the item shipped to a US address, the fee applies.

This fee is NOT the same as the currency conversion fee which happens on top of whatever the exchange rate.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 4
latest reply