cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take eBay to verify our accounts?

On August 20, 2021, I received a message from eBay asking me to supply documents to verify my identity, I sent them the required documents on August 20, 2021, I  received at least 10 to 20 emails asking me to resend my documents as of this date September 22, 2021, eBay has not verified my identity nor deposited a few hundred dollars in my bank account. I have called eBay 2 or 3 times a week and have been promised that these issues would be resolved on an almost daily basis.

Does anyone else have this issue with eBay?

who do we escalate these issues to? I am told I cannot talk to a vice president. Whom do I complain to?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I am having the same issue but it has only been going on a week so far.  I submitted the documents and 3 days later received same email. and resent documents, I have no idea who we can talk to, today I resent for third time.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@rath-98 wrote:

On August 20, 2021, I received a message from eBay asking me to supply documents to verify my identity, I sent them the required documents on August 20, 2021, I  received at least 10 to 20 emails asking me to resend my documents as of this date September 22, 2021, eBay has not verified my identity nor deposited a few hundred dollars in my bank account. I have called eBay 2 or 3 times a week and have been promised that these issues would be resolved on an almost daily basis.

who do we escalate these issues to? I am told I cannot talk to a vice president. Whom do I complain to?

So how are these members suppose to handle this.  @rath-98  and @josepmcelro_3 .  Please help them to resolve their matters please

sheila@ebay 

jasmen@ebay 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@rath-98 wrote:

So how are these members suppose to handle this.  @rath-98  and @josepmcelro_3 .  Please help them to resolve their matters please

sheila@ebay 

jasmen@ebay 

Hey @mam98031 as you know we can't go over any of that here, the best thing to do is to request a call back from the payments page. This way they can go over the status and what's needed but unfortunately we can't speed things up. 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

You have to call them everyday every single day! demand to speak to a manager submit back and front of government issued i.d. in .jpg and .pdf. pound them. Their communication is lousy. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I have been selling with them for over 4months, I received some payouts but they where always payouts under $100. Now that I have a payout of $176 pending, Ebay suddenly decided to verified my business info.  Which I did, waited two days and got another message saying I needed to verify again. I'm typing the info exactly as in the IRS letter, I even uploaded a pdf with my business info yesterday, yet no luck. I called them again and they keep on telling me "it takes 48 hours", another agent told me the verification process was going to be smooth, and this last agent I spoke to told me he was going to commit to my case and made sure this issue was resolved my Monday,  even offered to call me a follow up call. But based on the number of agents I spoke to, they all tell me different things. I read up on an ebay seller forum, a lot of long time sellers with good feedback just get banned or block for no reason, so that's a concern. Luckily I have a lawyer on retainer in general for my business but I a hoping it won't escalate to that. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

you need to start your own post. Your question is not the same as the original poster from 2 years ago. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply