cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gift card problem

I got a gift card from my gas station 7 hours ago but it wouldn’t work, so I messaged support and they gave me some steps. So far there has been no change I don’t know what to do this is really annoying me since customer service is currently closed. If anyone can help that would be appreciated. Also they told me my card was frozen and when I told them I don’t have a receipt they said that was fine.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Gift card problem

How did you message support?  Where did you get the link to message them? 

Typically cards take up to 4 hrs to become activated after you purchase them. 

I don't  understand why eBay would freeze your card. If it's frozen you won't be able to use it. Gift card terms says not to give the code to anyone. Whoever you give the code to can drain the card and tell you it's frozen. 

Here is one reason why gift cards are not safe. Turn your card over and note the string of numbers and letters printed on the bottom left.  Then notice that  your redemption code you scratched off is in that string of numbers, in the right order, all but the last 4 digits. Wouldn't be too hard to guess the rest.  That is the main reason they aren't safe.  

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Gift card problem

I used the eBay’s app customer service where I was told to do this. “For physical gift cards, all of following information is required: - A photo of the back of the eBay gift card(s) with the redemption code(s) and bar code(s) visible - A photo of the receipt used to purchase the eBay gift card(s) - A handwritten note containing your eBay username and the current date. The handwritten note must be included in every photo. For digital gift cards, all of following information is required: - A photo of the redemption code(s) email confirmation with header information. Header information must show the email address of the sender and recipient. - A photo of the receipt or purchase confirmation email used to purchase the eBay gift card(s) - A handwritten note containing your eBay username and the current date. The handwritten note must be included in every photo. Documentation must also follow these guidelines: - Only photos are acceptable. Photocopies will not be accepted. - The accepted file types are JPG, PNG, BMP, or GIF formats. - Do not cut off or crop out any part of the gift card or receipt. - Digitally edited or altered photos will not be accepted and may result in a denial of your claim. - Do not submit any personal information, i.e., driver's license, social security number, or the password to your eBay account. This information should remain confidential and will not alter the result of your claim. Use the link below to upload the images: https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/mudcwf?deptName=USe2MListing“. I followed this to a tee even asked if it was ok if I didn’t have a receipt they told me it was fine.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Gift card problem

Use the link below to upload the images: https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/mudcwf?deptName=USe2MListing“. I followed this to a tee even asked if it was ok if I didn’t have a receipt they told me it was fine.

@brycel_19 

I don't click on random links. Where in the world did you find ^^^ this one? What you've done is just screwy...

It's easy to check your eBay gift card balance here... just enter the number, no 'uploads'.

eBay gift cards | eBay

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Gift card problem

@brycel_19 wrote:

I used the eBay’s app customer service where I was told to do this. “For physical gift cards, all of following information is required: - A photo of the back of the eBay gift card(s) with the redemption code(s) and bar code(s) visible - A photo of the receipt used to purchase the eBay gift card(s) - A handwritten note containing your eBay username and the current date. The handwritten note must be included in every photo. For digital gift cards, all of following information is required: - A photo of the redemption code(s) email confirmation with header information. Header information must show the email address of the sender and recipient. - A photo of the receipt or purchase confirmation email used to purchase the eBay gift card(s) - A handwritten note containing your eBay username and the current date. The handwritten note must be included in every photo. Documentation must also follow these guidelines: - Only photos are acceptable. Photocopies will not be accepted. - The accepted file types are JPG, PNG, BMP, or GIF formats. - Do not cut off or crop out any part of the gift card or receipt. - Digitally edited or altered photos will not be accepted and may result in a denial of your claim. - Do not submit any personal information, i.e., driver's license, social security number, or the password to your eBay account. This information should remain confidential and will not alter the result of your claim. Use the link below to upload the images: https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/mudcwf?deptName=USe2MListing“. I followed this to a tee even asked if it was ok if I didn’t have a receipt they told me it was fine.

"A photo of the back of the eBay gift card(s) with the redemption code(s) and bar code(s) visible -"

Where ever you found that link: you have been ripped off a photo of a card with back scratched off  is as good as cash: send such your money is gone gone gone.

Scammed out of your money.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Gift card problem

My name is Patrick Ryder and I bought a E-bay gift card from Kroger and someone tried to use it.  I tried to send receipt with my camera but was unsuccessful

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Gift card problem

I have a problem with 2 ebay gift cards.The redemption codes are not

recognized.I sent a message to eBay which was never answered.I also

sent a letter to ebay main headquarters  in San Jose which was never

answered.It appears that I am going to lose $250 and eBay is not

concerned.They make it so difficult to make a live contact.I will try

one more letter and then giveup.

jerry jotdan55

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Gift card problem

The original message here is over 7 months old.  Instead of tagging on, you really should start your own thread.  

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Gift card problem

I aint readin allat

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Gift card problem

Thats an eBay link. Supplied in an eBay support email. that picture is sent to eBay. Not some scammer, you ninny.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply