cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gift card not working

eBay gift card not working even though it has balance. Tried web & app. Also it won’t let me use prepaid Visa cards as payments. How can I receive a refund? Is this company doing fraud? I’ve seen many many of this topic here. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Gift card not working

When contacting eBay, it's important to have proof of purchase for your gift card and prepaid Visa cards. This can include receipts, transaction records, or any other documentation that shows you acquired these cards legitimately.
Make sure you're checking the balance of your eBay gift card correctly. Sometimes, there may be confusion about the available balance. You can usually check the balance on the eBay website or by calling the customer support number on the back of the card.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Gift card not working

If your card shows a balance and payment isn't accepted maybe you are trying to purchase something that's not eligible to be paid for with a gift card. There are no refunds on gift cards if you can't  use them for some reason.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Gift card not working

Have you called the # on the back of the card?  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Gift card not working

US$ eBay gift cards only work for members registered with United States as their country.

And they require a shipping address located in the US as well.

Your account shows your country as Puerto Rico.

If you wish to use eBay gift cards, you would need to change your registration to:

Country - United States

State - PR (Puerto Rico)

If you decide to do this, contact eBay customer service for assistance in making the change.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Gift card not working

juliozxr6, sounds like a problem I had in eary April 2024. Is this it: you find an item you want on eBay; select it for purchase; go to Checkout; tap any of your payment options that will cover the price (I only did so with eBay Gift Cards). The balance gets removed from you Gift Card, the payment indicates $0.00 is due & the "Confirm and pay" button is GREY. The "Confirm and pay" button being Grey will not allow you to finish the transaction. (It is possible to have the deduced balance returned by un-selecting the purchase item.)

I had the above happen with many items from many sellers over 3-days.

The solution is to use the Customer Service built into eBay. You'll likely have to spend 30- to 45-minutes with the Automated Assistant. Only when you get transferred to an Agent (live human contact) will you get help. Confirm to the Agent what the problem is. They are most likely going to have to pass it on to eBay's IT team or department.

When I contacted the Agent, I did so: very politely (this is not their fault); and, expressed that I could only use eBay Gift Cards. Thus the Agent made my request for a solution a top priority request.

It was fixed within 48-hour, and has not returned in 2-weeks.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Gift card not working

The Ebay gift card i just bought isnt working. Thr coce on the back is missing the last two digits.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply