cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial Overview Reports - How to Read

I need some guidance.  When I sold on eBay 10 years ago, eBay issued invoices, making it so much easier to understand how to account for my store expenses.  Now, with this Financial Overview report, I can't figure out what some of these categories are.

Under the "Expenses" category, what does "Other fees" include?  I'm assuming "Transaction fees"  are the fees for when an item sells.  eBay provides no explanation anywhere on the internet as to how to read these and offers no hyperlinks on these numbers to explain where they came from!

Also, why are "Net Transfers" and "Payouts" different? Nothing adds up.  I'm pretty sure a NON-CPA designed this report.  It should read like a bank statement to make reconciliation possible as well as hyperlinks on the numbers so you can click directly to where these numbers are generated.

You would think that eBay would make sure that their sellers have reliable financial information.  It shouldn't be this hard.

Thanks for any and all help,

Cindy

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Financial Overview Reports - How to Read

Absolutely true.  I have been searching for the same answers for both buying and selling.

Their statements/reports are useless.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply