cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's new payment system

So I had the first sale on the new whiz bang Ebay run Payment System. The sale was a small one $$ wise. The buyer paid immediately. The current question is where the $$ is. Its not in Ebay payments and even checked PayPal and neither have it. The buyer knows he's paid for it and Ebay says to "ship Immediately" yet I still don't have $.05 yet. I call "Customer Service" and get what sounds really familiar to a Medicare Scammer who called recently. I bought into the help I was getting on this issue till the person asked me to download an app which gives him control to devices on my network "For Verification Purposes" he said.  I had already set up the checking account routing number to my bank w/Ebay 2 months earlier and was told it was all good. They even tested it with a $1 deposit.

Nancy Peloci will be President for 3 terms before I ever consider letting anyone get into my network.

So now the buyer is expecting his goods, I haven't shipped the goods. Both of us are in this bull**bleep** holding pattern which I'm sure will **bleep** off the buyer because its taking way longer than it should.  SO the new and improved system benefits WHO? (aside from Ebay of course)    If the payment from the buyer takes 3 BUSINESS DAYS to show up, How is that delay "speeding" things up???     Sounds like Ebay is starting to become a slumlord to what they may see as a dying E Commerce operation and milk all the $$$ before it goes belly up.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Sparky, paypal is irrelevant.  Payment goes from eBay to your bank account.  Takes a little longer to get there than it did with PayPal.  

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

I can't say it's a "new whiz bang" system... I opted in during August, 2019. No... your funds will never go to PayPal again. In my experience, my buyer's payment is my bank deposit in 4 business days.

Sellers can choose to ship with 'Processing' funds... shimmy down to the bottom of the label page to change your preference, if that's an issue.

Good luck to you... it just takes getting used to.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

No money goes into your PayPal account anymore.    Because you have MANAGED PAYMENTS money is deposited into your checking 5-7 days AFTER customer purchases item. 

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

You will really HAVE to send the item to the buyer within your handling time.  That has not changed.  

Yesterday, my selling ID sold her first thing after 3-4 months of inactivity.   
On the page where I purchased the postage and had access to print the label to my buyer, I noticed I had two options to pay for that postage: from Pending Funds from this transaction, or from PayPal.  I chose Pending Funds.  

If you prefer to buy your postage with PayPal funds, make sure you have enough money in that account, and choose PayPal.  

Change can be scary.  But try to remain calm and things here on eBay will work out OK.  I am very sure of this.  

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

If you prefer to buy your postage with PayPal funds, make sure you have enough money in that account, and choose PayPal. 

@monroe67 

Good point, but here's a twist...

I happen to still select PayPal to buy my labels, but keep a zero PayPal balance. MP debits my bank account next-day.

Any seller can go into their PayPal wallet and select any payment method as their 'Preferred' method of payment while shopping online. (Some sellers use a bank account, some use a credit card.) So... keeping funds in PayPal (for shipping) isn't a requirement. They will  pull from those funds first, unless another method is chosen, though.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

@wa1uil wrote:

I bought into the help I was getting on this issue till the person asked me to download an app which gives him control to devices on my network "For Verification Purposes" he said.

That was not Ebay you were talking to.

Where did you find the phone number, Google?

There have been a lot of scam phone numbers popping up for Ebays CS.

The funds will be in your MP account, they no longer go to Pay Pal.

Since you haven't sold in awhile, they'll probably hold your funds until after tracking shows the item was delivered.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

"Good point, but here's a twist...

I happen to still select PayPal to buy my labels, but keep a zero PayPal balance. MP debits my bank account next-day."

Excellent Point.   With my eBay dealings, I have left PayPal behind, so I've forgotten a lot of details about their processes.   But back when I was doing more buying on eBay, I also had PayPal charge credit cards.   (Could be one of the reasons I got into a little trouble there . . . .)  

For all the Managed-Payment-phobic sellers who post their mini-breakdowns here, wondering how on earth they could ever buy postage, this could be a solution.  Kind of awkward and time consuming, but it could work for them. 

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

It's not even awkward or time consuming - on my end the funds are just drawn through Paypal (I have it paired with a credit card), it's seamless.  In fact, it's easier than the old way when I had to log into Paypal to do anything. So yeah, no need to go ballistic over this stuff.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

It's not even awkward or time consuming - on my end the funds are just drawn through Paypal (I have it paired with a credit card), it's seamless.  In fact, it's easier than the old way when I had to log into Paypal to do anything. So yeah, no need to go ballistic over this stuff.

Agreed. I remember it being one click. Set it once and go until you choose to change. 👍

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@wa1uil 

Sellers hub>

Hover on payments>

Click on the drop down choices to see what is going on with the payment.

Ship within your handling time stated in the listing to avoid dings/defects/irate buyers.

DSCF0836.JPG

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Here's the number that sent me the link for the app to allow remote desk. 1-916-637-0109   I just called it and and a voice said "Hello, what can I do for you?"     I asked "who is this?"    They replied " Its Ebay" 

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@wa1uil wrote:

Here's the number that sent me the link for the app to allow remote desk. 1-916-637-0109   I just called it and and a voice said "Hello, what can I do for you?"     I asked "who is this?"    They replied " Its Ebay" 

That's not an Ebay phone number and they would never ask you to download anything.

Some buyers have found those phony phone numbers and downloaded that app and found their bank accounts missing some money.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@wa1uil wrote:

But obviously it’s not. You found a scam phone number with an internet search. Anyone can say they’re eBay. Apparently you believed them.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@monroe67 wrote:

You will really HAVE to send the item to the buyer within your handling time.  That has not changed.  

Yesterday, my selling ID sold her first thing after 3-4 months of inactivity.   
On the page where I purchased the postage and had access to print the label to my buyer, I noticed I had two options to pay for that postage: from Pending Funds from this transaction, or from PayPal.  I chose Pending Funds.  

Change can be scary.  But try to remain calm and things here on eBay will work out OK.  I am very sure of this.  

I use PayPal for purchasing my shipping labels, but set it up to be funded by my credit card on file with PayPal so I can earn points and cash back on the transactions.  

Message 15 of 21
latest reply