cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Synchrony Credit Card Problem

I got an ebay credit card last month. It is from Synchrony Bank. I have been using it a lot. I needed to check my balance tonight to see if I could make a large purchase or if I needed to go ahead and pay my balance first. I usually do this through the mobile app, and it is really easy and fast. This particular purchase was extremely time-sensitive. When I attempted to login with my password the system decided it needed to verify my identity. It gave me four choices of last four digits of phone numbers to choose to send a text or a call to. One of the numbers I recognized as a family member's who I do not live with and would have certainly been in bed. Another number is one that I had over 4 years ago. The other two numbers I did not recognize at all. There was also another choice at the bottom that said I could put a different number in to use. So I put my phone number in and the system rejected it. It said that they cannot identify me at this time to call the number given in the pop up. When I tried to call the given number I got an error message that this number cannot be reached as dialed. I tried it several times to make sure that the number was correct. There is a chat icon also on the screen I attempted it and could only ask the automated chat questions that went nowhere or ask for a live agent at which time I was told that a live agent cannot be found try back again later. So I did a browser search for the company and got another number to try and it also said this number cannot be reached as dialed.

I never gave anyone any of those 4 numbers that were somehow security approved by Synchrony. How in the world can synchrony use those numbers to verify my identity? What if someone who uses one of those numbers were trying to hack my account? Synchrony would have played right into their hands! How in the world can synchrony possibly think it is okay to produce their own numbers from whatever source they used and decide that those are the conduits by which to approve use of my account? I'm frustrated that I wasn't able to make my purchase, a purchase that could have made me a lot of money. But I'm angry synchrony has such an atrocious system that puts my account at risk while simultaneously LOCKING ME OUT!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ebay Synchrony Credit Card Problem

Synchrony bank holds to account and the rewards.  Let's flood the FDIC with bank fraud complaints 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply