cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ayden, offered Ebay 150million cash for being Ebay's primary payment processor.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

What currency?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

$150 million is chicken feed. And offering "cash" seems like a claim of payoffs to executives.

You'll have to provide more info, starting with a source. We're not interested in random made-up stuff; this isn't CPAC.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

That's Adyen.

I am not sure why you seem offended on behalf of ebay but you do you.

Disclosed in this article ebay below can end up owing up to 5% of Adyen.

Not saying there is anything wrong with this but you being offended of behalf of ebay is just

weird. 

if i was ebay i would expect more than 5% since Adyen was so small at the time and

the ebay business will increase its size greatly.  

I personally think the MP system is awful but ebay can do what it wants. We either accept it or

move on.  

article below from marketrealist . com

it won't let me post whole article but here is the relevant paragraph.

When eBay (EBY) announced earlier this year that Dutch company Adyen was replacing PayPal  as its primary  payment processor, something was not discussed: the investment relationship between the companies. In Adyen’s IPO prospectus, it revealed that eBay had offered warrants that could see it end up with a stake of up to 5.0% in Adyen.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

that's how business is done. Municipalities, states offer huge tax incentives to lure private business into their localities. I have been in MO since August 1, I don't have a single complaint, similarly on the Etsy platform.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

What's weird is someone posting a thread title with no message, saying X gave Y $150 million in cash and letting that just lie there.

Now that you bothered to post actual info, there's nothing unusual or unlawful about that type of arrangement.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

i was not the original poster so not sure what you are talking about with no message and letting it just lie there.

i was just reacting to your odd defense of ebay and claiming conspiracy for no reason.

as i said in my post i did not think it was wrong. business is done this way all the time.  you say that

there was nothing wrong so why get all defensive on ebay behalf . 

your odd defense of going to nutjob conspiracy theory right off the bat was the odd thing.   i was just trying to post some factual info that ebay and adyen are in bed together as your defense seem to IMPLY that no such arrangement would ever be in existence.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply