cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempted theft by ebay.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ebay tried to steal money from me. A buyer was refunded but Ebay did not refund the fees. They attempted to charge me. When I contacted then in billing, they agreed with me. They did not refund the per transaction charge as of yet. You can defend Ebay until hell freezes over. However, wrong is wrong.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Attempted theft by ebay.

Did you approve the refund? If so, they should have been refunded. 🤔

Did eBay have to issue the refund on your behalf? If so, they'll hold those fees. 😣

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Attempted theft by ebay.

@Anonymous wrote:
Ebay tried to steal money from me. A buyer was refunded but Ebay did not refund the fees. They attempted to charge me. When I contacted then in billing, they agreed with me. They did not refund the per transaction charge as of yet. You can defend Ebay until hell freezes over. However, wrong is wrong.

You got your answer in this thread: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Shame-on-you-ebay/td-p/34274382/page/2

Ebay retained the fees because you didn't issue the refund. Ebay had to step in to resolve the refund with the buyer and when that happens, you lose the fee credit and get a huge defect on your account.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Attempted theft by ebay.

@Anonymous What you need to do is stop mixing up seller and buyer in your comments on the boards AND in your replies to feedback... in the future. Normally I don't point this out to anyone, but you literally referred to your buyer as SELLER at least three different times in your reply to the negative, and in your original thread you call them seller as well.

If eBay did indeed charge a fee on Pickup only; then they were wrong for that and you might be able to get that taken care of IF that's what happened like you said in your other thread. You might be able to get that negative feedback removed since it does say they left it for you being unwilling to ship on a pickup only listing, BUT if you forced eBay to give the refund on your behalf then you might not.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Attempted theft by ebay.

Where is the ebay policy on this? I had an issue with a buyer that purchased a tablet from that they said it didn't work, ebay stepped in but I still got my fees refunded. It turned out the buyer damaged the software on the tablet so it would no longer work correctly. The buyer never left a feedback for it, but I have an email record on it.  I corrected the software problem and later sold it to a family member.  
@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You got your answer in this thread: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Shame-on-you-ebay/td-p/34274382/page/2

Ebay retained the fees because you didn't issue the refund. Ebay had to step in to resolve the refund with the buyer and when that happens, you lose the fee credit and get a huge defect on your account.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply