cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACCOUNT DOUBLE CHARGED

I PURCHASED AN ITEM FROM EBAY AND WAS CHARGED TWICE AND PAYMENT HAS CLEARED MY BANK.

HOW DO I GET A REFUND??

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

ACCOUNT DOUBLE CHARGED

Assuming this happened before 3 PM Friday...banks usually don't send charges...only Monday-Friday.

It takes a number of business days for a payment to clear....otherwise payment is pending.

Perhaps you purchased 2 items instead of one if they sell more than one item.

Maybe check on Monday after 9AM to see if any changes have happened.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

ACCOUNT DOUBLE CHARGED

Assuming this happened before 3 PM Friday...banks usually don't send charges...only Monday-Friday.

It takes a number of business days for a payment to clear....otherwise payment is pending.

Perhaps you purchased 2 items instead of one if they sell more than one item.

Maybe check on Monday after 9AM to see if any changes have happened.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

ACCOUNT DOUBLE CHARGED

I ALREADY CHECKED MY BANK AND 2 PAYMENTS HAVE BEEN DEDUCTED FROM MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE THE PAYMENT WAS ON A DEBIT CARD AND THE PAYMENTS ARE MADE ALMOST IMMEDIATELY. I CAN PRODUCE THE BANK STATEMENT. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

ACCOUNT DOUBLE CHARGED

THE TWO PAYMENTS WERE FOR $62.10 EACH.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

ACCOUNT DOUBLE CHARGED

I would wait a couple of days before I’d do anything. Debit/credit cards transactions take 1 to 3 business days to hard post. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

ACCOUNT DOUBLE CHARGED

Sounds like the OP is seeing the authorization (which does place a hold on funds on a debit account, but does not move actual money) and then the settlement transaction (which occurs when the merchant account finalizes the invoice and requests payment...which does finally move the real funds from the account). 

It's unusual to see them both hit the same day, but its not impossible depending on batch closing times.  

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

ACCOUNT DOUBLE CHARGED

YOU WANT A COPY OF MY BANK STATEMENT SHOWING 2 PAYMENTS??

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

ACCOUNT DOUBLE CHARGED

Have you reached out to you bank yet for confirmation of payment status?

TALK to a person to confirm bank info

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

ACCOUNT DOUBLE CHARGED

I TOLD YOU BEFORE THAT I PAY EBAY WITH A DEBIT CARD AND THE PAYMENT CLEARS THE SAME DAY, YOU DEDUCTED $62.10 TWICE AND I HAVE A BANK STATEMENT TO PROVE IT. DO YOU WANT ME TO SEND IT TO

YOU???.  I HAVE DONE BUSINESS WITH YOU FOR A LONG TIME WITH NO PROBLEMS, WHY WOULD I LIE TO YOU NOW. WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET A REFUND??

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

ACCOUNT DOUBLE CHARGED

@ricbrid84 wrote:

I TOLD YOU BEFORE THAT I PAY EBAY WITH A DEBIT CARD AND THE PAYMENT CLEARS THE SAME DAY, YOU DEDUCTED $62.10 TWICE AND I HAVE A BANK STATEMENT TO PROVE IT. DO YOU WANT ME TO SEND IT TO

YOU???.  I HAVE DONE BUSINESS WITH YOU FOR A LONG TIME WITH NO PROBLEMS, WHY WOULD I LIE TO YOU NOW. WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET A REFUND??

NO ONE HERE DEDUCTED ANYTHING FROM YOUR BANK.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

ACCOUNT DOUBLE CHARGED

You are on a public discussion board with other ebay members like yourself. This is not ebay or ebay customer service. None of us here have any access to your purchases or your account so there is no reason to yell at us.    Some here have suggested that one of those payments was actually a pre authorized payment that should disappear over the weekend. It may look as if the amount was removed only because that amount is on hold but the hold should disappear if that is what happened.

If you don't want to wait you can contact ebay customer service by clicking on ebay help at the top of this page. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on contact us. Follow the prompts from there.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

ACCOUNT DOUBLE CHARGED

I've encountered the same problem.  My bank paid eBay twice for a single item I purchased.  There's nowhere in eBay's automated system (that I could find) that allows me to rectify this.  I don't want to return the item.  I simply want a refund for one of the two charges.  My bank transferred $53.68 to eBay on 20 November, and $53.68 again on 21 November.  I've contacted the seller, and he says it's an eBay problem since he doesn't see the money until eBay sends it to him, minus eBay's fees.  He was paid only once from eBay for this sale (according to him).

Message 12 of 12
latest reply