cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow sender

Hello all how long should I wait before taking action on a purchased music item . It's been 4 days today. I'm mostly paitent but this is the longest period of time before shipping that I have experienced.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Slow sender

Perhaps you aren't aware that there is no eBay requirement that sellers ship immediately.

Nor is there an eBay requirement that a seller use tracking.

In the listing where you made your purchase, you saw an estimated delivery date.  At this stage of the game, that's the only information you should be concerned with.

If/when that date has passed by 24 hours and you do not have your package, you can open an item not received case; however, due to current issues with the USPS, would recommend you wait a few more days past that date.  You have 30 days to open an INR case with eBay.

PLEASE take the time to read eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers.  You are well protected as a buyer as long as you understand your options and how to use them.  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Slow sender

You wait a couple of days past the latest expected delivery date. 

Maybe the seller isn't using eBay labels where shipping information is automatically uploaded. Although most sellers let the buyer know  it's  been shipped or supply a tracking number it's not mandatory.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Slow sender

@dama921988 

Maybe the seller has a 5 day handling time?

If they do, they have 5 business days to ship it.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Slow sender

@dama921988 wrote:

Hello all how long should I wait before taking action on a purchased music item . It's been 4 days today. I'm mostly paitent but this is the longest period of time before shipping that I have experienced.

all great advice already given, but did u contact the seller and ask?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Slow sender

Good Post. I find that most buyers overlook the handling time and assume it will be shipped ASAP. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply