cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to ship 4 tires? Any advice?

Hi Ebay Community,

I have 4 tires that I need to sell. I am considering selling them on Ebay because I do not trust Craigslist anymore. Does anyone have any advice about the best way to ship the tires? What postal service to use...such as USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, etc.? Any details about how to package them, etc. Anything you know will help. I have never shipped anything that large before and have no idea what it would cost. Do you know the costs to ship tires...on average? Any advice will be helpful. Thank you. I appreciate it. 🙂

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: What is the best way to ship 4 tires? Any advice?

I just came from the UPS Store. They wanted to charge me $49 to send a 215 75 16 tire to Chicago. My local post office said $28.

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Thanks so much for your opinion. You are wise beyond your years. Now, back to helping the OP out?
Message 17 of 30
latest reply

OP posted this almost 2 years ago. Pretty sure he figured this out by now.

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

I still want to keep this alive.

Because as a private seller shipping tires makes almost no sense unless it’s within 500 miles.

I have the same problem with shipping tires right now. I sold 2x 19" tires for $100 + $70 shipping which I thought would be enough... nope.

Since the buyers zip code is 850 mls away. The cheapest door to door quote I get is $110... 

FedEx, UPS, USPS all around $250 - $450. I wanted to use Shipnext but that’s where I got the quote from. 

The absolute cheapest would be Greyhound Station to Station, for $70. 

But anyways if you selling tires as private person you might just want to wait for a local buyer... Shipping will exceed the Price of the tires.

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

If it's within 1000 miles roundtrip, I'll go pick it up myself in a Honda Insight. Costs me $30 max, in gas.

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

From what I read she was not asking for your opinion just for help in finding a way to ship.
Message 21 of 30
latest reply

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

@vonsim wrote:
From what I read she was not asking for your opinion just for help in finding a way to ship.

I want to be here when this happens:

carnazi.jpeg

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

@vonsim wrote:

From what I read that opinion was expressed TWO YEARS ago.

Pays to read the date before your first post. 

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

No he means, Sharif. He is the God of Craigslist transactions. He monitors them to ensure they occur in a safe and holy manner.

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

For some excellent rates - 

Check out www.xpsshipper.com

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

I never saw much value in shipping used tires.  Today, you can buy a new tire for about what you have in shipping a used one.

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

Stupid answer.  He would not be asking about shipping if the buyer was local and able to pick up

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

Zombie thread.

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 30 of 30
latest reply