cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Antique Vehicle Titles

I have been trying to sell an antique vehicle title here on eBay but every time it is listed – eBay takes it back down stating that it is against their policy to sell a vehicle title without also selling the vehicle with the title. I have seen hundreds of vehicle titles successfully sell here on eBay for the last year so I don’t know what I am doing wrong to have eBay remove my listing but not all the others. I could really use some help. Thank you

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It is illegal, everywhere, to just sell a title. That it does happen, does not make it right. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

There is a type of collectible known as ephemera which consists of old paper work that should have been thrown away. Old car titles, house deeds, stock certificates, etc. can be legitimate collectibles.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Keep putting it back up and you will be banned from ebay for good and you won't need to worry about it. You will lose your selling and buying privledges for good.....Da Nut

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Find an online forum for the make on the title and post it on their for sale section. For example, Ford Barn is a good one for Fords and their sister online forum is the H.A.M.B. People are looking for them all the time, as "collectibles."

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@freestyle316 wrote:

I have seen hundreds of vehicle titles successfully sell here on eBay for the last year so I don’t know what I am doing wrong to have eBay remove my listing but not all the others.

Somebody reported yours but not the others. Maybe a competitor.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

This is no reflection on you  but I've seen some old Harley titles sold in the past on eBay for 4-500 dollars.

Many times those old titles are combined with a set of number stamps and a hot bike becomes a sort of legal one; depending upon how hard someone looks at the numbers and if they know what they're looking at.

It's eBay's playground. You have to play by their rules.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

This is for Ohio .ORC 4505 ,5) Knowingly obtain goods, services, credit, or money by means of a certificate of title to a motor vehicle, which is required to be surrendered to the registrar of motor vehicles or the clerk of the court of common pleas as provided in this chapter.

B) Whoever violates this section shall be fined not more than five thousand dollars or imprisoned in the county jail or workhouse not less than six months nor more than one year, or both, or in a state correctional institution not less than one year nor more than five years

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/220.

Thanks.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply