cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Results

Search:
ELECTRIC TRASH PUMP 3000 (64 results)  most are fuel powered.

Sort Lowest$ to Highest$ (Zero results). 

If I type in 
ELECTRIC TRASH PUMP (50 results) 5th one down says 3000 gph in the title.
Sort Lowest$ to Highest$ (69 results) .

If I stand on my head, type with my toes:
STAINLESS ENGINE COVER
sorted low to high.
That's a nice pocket knife, but the toggle switch under it is pretty also.
..and there it is, exactly what I was looking for.
VINTAGE HOTCHKISS LAPEL PIN FRANCE

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Search Results

Not sure why you are getting those results; I am not.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Search Results

@redlinear 

.....and toothbrushes??? lol

don't forget while standing on your head you must turn your left turn signal on three times before hitting Search or you will seriously limit the unrelated items AI is hoping you will buy!

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Search Results

@stainlessenginecovers 
You should be concerned (not worried though, because there's nothing you can do)

STAINLESS ENGINE COVER (6,200+ best match results)
Sort Price Plus Shipping lowest $ first: (290 results) (yep, only two hundred and ninety).
   We've streamlined your results to show you the best listings. See More Results
So, I click SEE MORE RESULTS
(4,700+ results and the 1st one is a pocket knife. Page is peppered with goofy stuff)

Now, I can continue to sort/filter categories and maybe narrow it down.  But, I'm thinking I shouldn't have to keep working at this. Especially when I'm seeing pocket knives, toggle switches, and lapel pins. 
Now I'm thinking maybe I should just go to the internet and find a website that makes stainless engine covers.
So Google it is.
Hey! There you are!  Why did I even go to eBay in the 1st place

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Search Results

@redlinear 

don't know- your computer/search is hinky because that is not what I get when I input that same 

stainless engine covers

in the ebay search..

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Search Results

It can be really hit and miss sometimes...

Sometimes you type up three words on the search bar and you get everything you ask for and sometimes not....

I actually have good luck with items that don't have many listings total... especially if the Sellers aren't "promoting"....

Just a few days ago I did a quick search and noticed that every listing on the page was a relevant hit... you actually notice when every one of the listings is what you are looking for....

On the other side? My "personal record" is three full pages (25 per page) of unrelated  listings before seeing what i actually typed on the search bar...

It was a huge saturated category with hundreds of promoted listings.... so the results were all promoted listings for three full pages... once that settled down "normal" ( unpromoted) listings that were perfect matches to the search words began showing up.....

But there is something else wrong with search and I have seen it mentioned before but not in this thread....

Sometimes the results will all be from Florida or the upper east coast... next time you search it's back to normal and you get listings from more places....

what's up with that??

Back to hit and miss no matter how many tricks you know to search....

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Search Results

@6al_4v 
   Yep.  I will got through sales where it seems like every package I label one day is in CA, OR, WA.
   Then a few days later a slew of packages are heading to Florida.
 Makes ya wonder why?
  BUT, my strangest "coincidence/not" is that.   If I list 20 parts on 1/10/24.  Those parts go into a small bin labelled 1/10/24.
 Somewhere around the 90-100 day mark.  I'll spend all morning pulling parts out of one bin and shipping them to different buyers.
 My employee lists just a few things.  He may go two weeks without a single sale. Then walk in one morning carrying 6 packages to ship.   He thinks it was just "his day" to be seen in search results. 
It's funny, but it's not.  (how your search results are being manipulated).  And I'm not sure anybody knows how it all works.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Search Results

A few years ago when they first made changes to categories I searched for an American Bisque Bear Cookie Jar. The first item from the search results was a stuffed plush animal.  And other non cookie jars. It's gotten better for items I search. But better when it was horrible isn't  much of an improvement. I still get stuff that doesn't match the search words. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Search Results

....was searching allen t handles this morning and came across this....

26709762-3CEB-4631-8626-0B40A02590C1.jpeg

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Search Results

@6al_4v 
  Searched "3965152"  (it's a part number in my title, in my description, and two places in Item Specifics)
Searched 3965152 and sorted High to Low (to see of my price was competitive.
I'm the 1st one when it switches to "Results Matching Fewer Words"...LOL

I have since revised my listing, and my price.
Since the revision, My item shows up 1st under best match (I assume it will for an hour or two).
Still, sorting from high to low in order to see the best deal?  I'm way down there on the page in "results matching fewer words".    
How can anybody shop this way???

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Search Results

@redlinear 

I just searched 3965152.... no quotes - just the number... all categories...

got 26 hits...

there you are.... the second listing... and the first listing after the "sponsored" listing....

C7A206EB-31F2-4552-9D75-CEFE5EE8CC60.jpeg

FWIW.... using iphone with newly installed Chrome... seems like I'm having better searches now with Chrome vs. four weeks ago w/ Safari....

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Search Results

@6al_4v 
  I see pretty much the same.  It's when you sort/filter that it disappears, and that's a problem.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Search Results

AND still, today.
searching part number 3965152, and sorting from low to high in order to find the best deal?   It's not in the 32 matching listings.
It's way down there under "results with fewer words".  
Mine's not the only one down there, out of filter order either.
No wonder it has no views.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Search Results

There was a time when, for example, if the search said 95 listings.... when you sorted by higgest and lowest you still got all 95 listings they were all simply listed in oppisite order....

Those days are gone with the software now reducing the number of listings it shows when using the sort highest and lowest feature in a backward attempt to make the "shopping" easier and better...

FWIW... i never shop that way ever since the update to limit results... I scroll the listings saving the few on my Watchlist then go compare those on my summary page...

i can see your point quite well tho as many most likely do shop that way thinking sort highest or lowest first would actually show all the items avaiable... why it doesn't is indeed messed up... especially when an entire part number matches number for number??? i don't get how kicking relevant listings out of the search is improving the buying experience?

Message 15 of 15
latest reply